I whack one out while watching gifs of people shagging on Tumblr.

Matthew Healy was a ticking time bomb ready to explode in a world he didn't quite understand. All he ever wanted was to feel things so intensely in a desperate attempt to drown out the silence. It lead him down a dark path of drugs and endless partying until he couldn't see anymore. His life was pointless in his own eyes but to many, he saved them. It was the only hope that gave him courage to go on.

Alyssa Stevens didn't understand how the world truly worked, living in her own bubble for so long

Alyssa Stevens didn't understand how the world truly worked, living in her own bubble for so long. Her naivety lead her to create a world in her head with no real escape. She liked the simple things and the proof was in the pudding, showing her that a lifestyle of reading poetry in her darkened room kept her safe. But safety wasn't what she wanted in the end. She wanted to feel it all.

Individually they were polar opposites in life but putting them together created a world of possibilities

Individually they were polar opposites in life but putting them together created a world of possibilities. She didn't know what would come of crossing paths with Matthew, nor did he with her. This is their story:

Matty

"Tell me why you need to go and see Jamie again today?" Hann asked from the couch beside me. I looked at him and shrugged, I didn't want to tell him the truth. He'd only make snide comments and tease me for it. Not that there was any specific reason for it. Not really.

"Because Hann, we have a whole new album pretty much ready to go but no fucking title, concept art or even an idea of what we want to do touring wise, I just need to get my head on straight and start facing that straight on." He seemed to accept this answering without pushing the matter further.

"Long as you keep us updated. Jamie doesn't seem to be too worried though, we have ages left." I nodded along, he was right we did have months until the album was coming out but it felt wrong to not even have an album title yet.

"Well I best get going then, I'll keep you updated." I stood up off the couch and grabbed my denim jacket that was basically on it's last legs.

"Matty?" Hann asked. I looked at him and nodded for him to continue. "Who was that bird you were talking to on Friday?" I pursed my lips for a second, clearly he forgot me introducing her to him.