Unless I get an opportunity to shag Harry Styles that is.

Alyssa

The conversation I shared with Matty last night was something I wasn't expecting. A part of me was skeptical to bring it up, mainly because we'd only really been together a few weeks after months apart. On the bigger scale we haven't even known each other for a year yet here I am, asking something as big as this. It was a bold move on my part but something about how the weekend went made me think deeper about these things.

Was I ready to settle down completely with someone like Matty? Did I want to have a family yet? Did I really trust that we could make this relationship work enough after all we've been through? These were the questions that were constantly floating around my head recently and for some reason, I just had to ask. It isn't unrealistic for us to discuss our common grounds with each other, to see if there even was any. Would there be any point in us getting back together if we didn't want the same things out of the relationship in the end?

I was sitting outside on the steps in the back garden. I woke up really early considering how late we were up last night. The weather outside was beautiful, you'd never have guessed there was a thunderstorm last night.

George walked out into the garden and sat down next to me. "You're up early." He stated, his voice was laced with sleep.

"So are you." I nodded towards him, he chuckled softly and dipped his head.

"Well sleeping on a couch with Nessa was pretty much one of the worst sleeps I think I've ever had." He said quietly. "Don't tell her I said that though."

"My lips are sealed." I shot back with a grin. The silence fell between us and I sighed happily, things just seemed to be going better than I expected.

"You and Matty on good terms now I take it?" He asked me.

"Well after his hissy fit on Friday he eventually apologised so yeah, I would say we are." I replied to him with a soft smile. "It's still a bit weird to me how everything kinda just fell back into place."

"Are you really that shocked though?" He asked raising an eyebrow at me. "At the end of the day Alyssa, you two are just naturally attracted to each other like a set of magnets."

"I mean you're not completely wrong about that." I chuckled.

"What was it about Matty that you realised, yeah he's the one." George asked.

"Who said he's the one." I shot back, he made a face at me in return. "I mean it's a very vague term, the one for what?"

"You know what I mean, what made you realise you liked him?" I rolled his eyes at me.

"I don't know George, he was a bit of a cocky prick the first time I met him but for some weird reason I wanted to get to know him more." I shrugged. "He was intriguing and unlike anyone I've ever known in my life."

"Was it like always an instant attraction to him though or did you truly just see him as a friend?" He asked.

"What's with all the questions today?" I shot back.

"I'm just curious is all, I just wanna know what you're thinking sometimes." He smirked. "Y'know, it is interesting to see what it is about that man that ropes the ladies in since he's not what everyone thinks he's really like."

"I don't know George, yeah I always thought he was fit but I genuinely wanted to be his friend at first." I said quietly, I didn't want anyone to over hear this conversation. "It wasn't until we were living together and he told me how he felt about me that it kinda became clear to me that I had the same feelings."

"So when you got back together with your ex, you didn't feel anything for Matty?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Not to my knowledge but also we kissed twice and both times Matty backtracked as if it was the worst decision of his life." I shrugged. "So I didn't really think any further into it."