Hey, you still owe me that hand job so you're definitely coming home with me.

Alyssa

I was never one for making New Year's resolutions, mainly because I would forget about them days later and never change anything. If you're going to do something to benefit your life then why only plan to do it because a new year has come along? Shouldn't we always be striving to achieve good things in life?

"Are you looking forward to the New Year's party tonight?" George asked me from across the breakfast bar at Matty and I's flat. He'd come round early to hang out for a bit before we headed over to Ross's flat for the main event. He was taking the hit this time by throwing the party.

"It's just another party on any other night." I shrugged.

"Don't be such a downer, it's a chance to ring in the new year with your mates, it'll be a laugh." He grinned at me. "Besides, you'll get a kiss at midnight."

"Are you offering there George?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and a suggestive smirk.

"I'd like to leave with my balls intact, otherwise I'd be first in line." He winked at me.

"Good answer." Matty said as he walked into the kitchen. He walked over and gave me a peck on the lips. "All of your kisses are reserved for me."

"You're pretty confident on that one I see." I shot back at him.

"In that case, George will you be my first kiss of 2016?" Matty asked his best friend.

"You can kiss me anytime you like baby, you know that." George replied in a low, husky voice.

"You two would make an adorable couple, if you're both single by 30 I think you should make a pact to get married." I laughed. Matty looked at me with a pout.

"Thanks love, just break my heart without a warning." He gave me the puppy dog eyes, I chuckled and pushed him lightly.

"It's always good to have a back-up plan." He rolled his eyes and sat down next to me.

"Well I don't need one." He said smugly. "Don't know about you though, George."

"How do you know I've not been dating anyone?" He raised an eyebrow at Matty. Both Matty and I leaned forward, suddenly more interested in finding out if George was dating someone.

"Well, I assume you would've mentioned it at least." Matty shrugged.

"That's where you're wrong, you didn't tell us about you two fooling around behind the scenes." He gave a nod to each of us, we both looked at each other realising he did have a point.

"Okay so are you seeing anyone?" I asked George, he gave me a small shrug and a half sided grin.

"I guess you'll find out someday." He said.

"Stop being cryptic." Matty huffed, clearly getting bored with George messing around.

"You're such an easy wind up Healy." George laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm nosey, there's a difference." Matty shot back.

"Well don't be, I'll tell you when I figure out myself what the fuck is happening." George said folding his arms across his chest. "You two did the same and we all respected that decision."

"So there is someone." Matty grinned from ear to ear. "I knew it." He looked at me laughing and nudging my arm.

"Well done Sherlock, another mystery solved." I said sarcastically.

"We're the dream team Watson, a modern day novel in the making." Matty winked at me.

"I don't know how you can put up with him." George said directly to me.