Well I would go to Area 51 and find out what the fuck is going on in there.

Matty

"George, I need to tell you something." I said quietly, looking over at him sitting on the couch in my living room while we both played Call of Duty. He glanced in my direction and paused the match.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't really know how to put it into the right words but something weird happened the other night with Alyssa." I sighed, putting my controller down. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" He pressed.

"Well, after we got home from the pub we were just chatting and she basically told me she wanted to kiss me." I told him. His eyes widened when I said it out loud.

"She was smashed though, remember that." He chuckled.

"I know, so was I but that's also why I didn't think too much of it but at the same time, I kinda wanted to kiss her too." I explained. "I don't know why, it's not like I have any feelings for her."

"Are you sure?" He smirked at me, I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have any feelings for her, I see her like a friend." I told him.

"Well, I don't want to kiss my mates no matter how much I love you tossers." He said.

"That's where I'm slightly confused. I think it was just the alcohol speaking." I tried to shrug it off.

"Have you spoken to her about this since it happened?" He asked.

"No, it hasn't been mentioned at all." I sighed, running my hand over my face.

"Well it's up to you if you think you should bring this up and discuss it with her or just see what happens. If you two are gonna kiss or whatever, surely it'll happen eventually." He said softly. I nodded along, he's right though. If it was meant to be it'll somehow happen... right?

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I agreed. "Maybe I'm just overthinking something that isn't even worth a second thought." I definitely wasn't going to tell him about the fact we lay in my bed for most of the day after our confession and cuddled. It was purely platonic but he would then question me further, I don't want that right now.

"She's a nice girl though Matty, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you do have feelings for her." He looked at me with a soft smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I just think out of everyone I've ever known you to have some form of relationship with, Alyssa would be somewhat good for you." I looked at him and nodded.

"Even if I did like her in that way, who's to say she would even feel that same way about me? And anyway it would complicate things in a way that would end badly. We live together now, work together too. It's just a big mess that I think we both should avoid." At this point, it felt more like I was trying to convince myself.

"Sometimes these things are worth the risk." He said with a knowing smile. I hate him for trying to put this into my head more, he basically has tried to from the first day he even met Alyssa.

"Right, let's play more CoD." I changed the subject. He agreed and we continued on playing.

-

Time felt like it wasn't passing by fast enough. I felt myself looking at the time constantly, waiting for Alyssa to come back home from work. Maybe I'm being stupid, maybe I do like her a little bit but like I've pointed out many times to myself now, it's bad news. I shouldn't mess up our friendship with feelings. It can only end badly.