Oh, now you're all shy?

Alyssa

If there is one thing I've learned since I begun working at Dirty Hit it's that my patience was a lot better than I ever imagined. Mainly because I had to work with Matty in a somewhat professional manner, when I know deep down he's the biggest goofball to walk the planet. He hardly takes things seriously until he get's told to. It isn't a bad quality but I can see why it takes them so long to write anything.

I was invited to the studio for the first time since working for the label, I don't really know why but Jamie insisted that Matty let me come along for the tracking of one of the last songs on the album, since he decided at the last second that he didn't like the current vocals.

Matty was pacing around the floor with a fag hanging out his mouth, whining about how it just didn't sound right. I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "What?" He snapped at me, I rolled my eyes.

"Don't give me attitude Healy." I said in a warning tone. His features turned soft and he sat down next to me.

"Sorry." He apologised. "I'm stressed."

"You're always stressed." I said, a small smirk playing on my lips. He let out a deep breath and threw his head back onto the couch.

"It's making me nervous that you're here." He whispered, I looked at him and grinned even more.

"You're nervous because of me?" I questioned.

"Yeah." He mumbled, looking at me.

"Why?"

"I don't usually have hot girls watching me track vocals for songs that could possibly be a flop." He sounded so flustered. It was kinda cute actually. He brought the fag up to his mouth and took a draw. "Besides you're watching me so intently and it's throwing me off."

"Get over yourself Matty, I'm here for work related business only." I reminded him. "Getting to hear a song is a bonus for me, think of all the fans out there who would kill to be me right now."

"For more reasons than being sat in the studio with me." He shot me a cheeky grin, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up." I replied feeling slightly flustered. I knew exactly what he meant.

"Matty, time to go in." Adam popped into the room. Matty groaned and got up off the couch and walked out and into the recording booth. He picked up the headphones and placed them on his head, looking slightly uneasy. It was kinda sweet to see him nervous because I was there.

George and Ross came into the room and sat down along with a few other guys. If he could do this in front of all them then why am I the issue? The music begun and he looked at me, clearly getting more and more nervous.

"I've got a God shaped hole that's infected and I'm petrified of being alone, it's pathetic I know."  He begun, his eyes diverted from mine. "And I tossed and turned in my bed, it's just like I lost my head."

"It sounds really good." George mumbled, looking at Ross. "I don't know why he's been so antsy about this song."

"And if I believe you will that make it stop? If I told you I need you, is that what you want? And I'm broken and bleeding and begging for help." He sung with so much emotion covering his features. "And I'm asking you Jesus, show yourself."

"Sounds really good Matty." George said to him through the pa. Matty stopped and looked at George, feeling a little more comfortable. Matty nodded and continued.

"I thought I'd met you once or twice but that was just because the dabs were nice and opening up my mind." He closed his eyes, getting into it more. "Showing me consciousness is primary in the universe and I had a revelation." I couldn't take my eyes off of him, he looked and sounded so beautiful in this moment. "I'll be your child if you insist I mean if it was you that made my body you probably shouldn't have made me atheist."