That must've been a fun night, listening to them shagging.

Alyssa

"I thought you were driving down?" George asked me from across the table we were sat at. I looked up at him and shrugged.

"Did you really think I could handle this sober?" I raised a questioning eyebrow at him.

"Okay, you make a good point." He chuckled. "You can stay with us then, we've got a hotel."

"I was planning to just get the last train back to London." I shrugged.

"You do realise that it'll be mobbed, plus it'll probably leave way before we even have a chance to enjoy the after party." He pointed out.

"Shit." I mumbled. "You're right."

"There's a slight issue though." He bit his lip nervously.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, Adam is leaving tonight to go home to Manchester for a few days with his parents. Nessa is sharing my room and Ross' girlfriend is here..." He looked away, unsure what to say next. "The hotel hasn't got any rooms left and most of the hotels in the area are booked out because of the festival."

"So what you're saying is?" I frowned.

"The only place you can really stay is in Matty's room." He mumbled, scared to look at me and see my reaction.

"Are you serious?" My eyes widened.

"Yeah." He nodded. "But on the plus side, he'll probably be so out his face he won't even talk."

"George this isn't okay, I can't share a room with him." I shook my head.

"I know it's a bit weird but you two have a lot of history now and you can't avoid each other forever." He pointed out. "You were mates before all this, so you know..." I closed my eyes and put my head in my hands.

"Does he know this yet?" I asked.

"No, he definitely doesn't but if you like I can break the news to him?" He asked.

"This is a fucking disaster, I think I'd be better off just going home tonight." I mumbled into my hand.

"No, come on Alyssa. You can't just leave because of this." He begged.

"George this is still raw to me, as much as I want to think that I'm getting over it all. It's still fresh." I looked up at him.

"I get that but please, just try." He leaned forward. "If it gets too much, I'll switch with you."

"I can't believe you're putting me into this position." I groaned.

"If you're gonna be in any of our lives, you need to be in his too." He said softly. "As hard as that may be, you just have to weigh up what it's worth. We can't keep walking on egg shells around each other to avoid someone getting hurt."

"I get that." I frowned. "But it doesn't make this any easier."

"I know it doesn't but you have to try, for me at least." I wanted to punch him slightly for all this but that wouldn't change the fact that he's right. I hate to admit that but whatever he was up to, I wasn't here for it.

"Fine." I gave in. "I'll do it but if there's one remark from him that I don't like, you're spooning him tonight."

"Let's hope that big gob of his stays shut then." He smirked.

"We'd need a miracle for that one." I rolled my eyes.

The sun was beginning to set and the breeze was beginning to hit my bare arms. Nessa and Ross walked over to the table we were sat at and pulled up chairs. "So what's the chat then?" Nessa asked.