I've been waiting forever for you.

TW: mention of rape.

Alyssa

Waking up felt heavy, like the entire world was crashing down on top of me but I had to take it. There was no escape. The events of the past week finally catching up on me, making my head spin even more. I didn't want to deal with it but here I am, an adult with real life adult problems to face. Why did I kiss Matty? I don't feel anything towards him. It was the alcohol and desperation taking control. That's it right?

We didn't speak about the kiss past the initial blow, thankfully. The night continued on as though we were just two friends having drinks. He offered me to stay over at his but I had to decline, I didn't want to blur the lines further and opted for an Uber home. It was for the best in the end.

But it left me with many unanswered questions, what now? What do I say now? Do I let him talk to Jamie about Lax? Do I bring up the fact we kissed? Do I pretend it didn't happen? Should I be bothered about the fact he seemed uneasy when I asked if all he wanted was to fuck me? Where do we go from here?

My brain was screaming at me to stop the chaos but I couldn't help it. I spent many years living a boring life without drama or suspense that the tiniest little spark was causing my brain to go into overdrive trying to work out what the fuck was going on. My phone buzzed on the bedside table, indicating that I had received a notification. I picked it up and squinted my eyes at the brightness of the screen that had suddenly came into contact with my vision. I was mentioned in a new tweet, from Matty. I furrowed my brows and opened it.

I just wanna say a huge welcome to a new member of the Dirty Hit family, @Alyssatalks. It's been fun working with you so far.

There was a picture of us from the other night he'd taken on his phone when I was victorious from beating him in the video game. I smiled at the tweet, it was a cute gesture. The downfall though was the amount of attention it was receiving now, meaning I was gaining followers like mad. I wasn't used to attention like this online, it was slightly overwhelming.

I somehow managed to drag myself out of bed and get ready for the day. Working for Dirty Hit gave me so much more freedom with what I can wear to work but also the fact that I don't start super early. The early morning rise was always something I hated but it didn't feel so forced anymore, I guess where you work really does matter when it comes to your attitude.

Once I got to the office I saw Lax sitting at his desk, not really doing anything. I sat down at my desk and begun preparing myself to begin working on some paperwork. I felt someone standing beside me and looked up, seeing Jamie standing with a small smile on his lips. "Good morning, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked. Oh shit, did Matty say something to him? I nodded and stood up, following him into his office.

"Everything okay?" I asked as I sat down across from him. His lips were pursed together and he clasped his hands in front of him.

"I spoke to Matthew this morning..." He begun. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Look I don't tolerate that behaviour in my workplace. I want you to know that whatever you want to do with this situation, I will back you up." He told me.

"I don't wanna make things difficult, I didn't want Matty to say anything." I said softly, unsure where to really look. I didn't want pity but I also hate the idea that I've come in here and within 2 weeks there's already some drama in the office.

"No you should speak up about this. We have a tight knit family here and you're just as a part of it as everyone else is. If this is how Lax can act with you then who is to say he's not done this with anyone else and they just haven't had someone like Matty to talk to about it." He looked at me, his features were soft and comforting. "It got to the point where you had to leave your home last night Alyssa, that's not right."