you might meet the love of your life tonight.

Alyssa was never one for small talk, in fact she avoided it all costs. Why sit and pretend you're interested in something someone has to say when you just aren't? It sounded pretentious in a way but she was far from that, no she just didn't like to be fake with people. All her life she had this aura around her that deterred people from trying to talk to her unless she seemed genuinely interested in the conversation.

Her new job was filled with some small talk from some of the other staff members, which to her distaste made it harder to relax in the office. One young man that goes by the nickname Lax is always the number one offender of this act. She didn't want to seem impolite so would give him some room to talk.

"So what are you doing tonight then?" He came up to her desk, a small smile on his lips. She could tell that he was attracted to her, the man didn't make it subtle to say the least. She looked up at him and thought for a second.

"Nothing." She said bluntly, not meaning to be harsh but wanted to get her point across. He wasn't her type and work relationships never seemed to be a good idea in her head.

"Matty's having a party tonight, are you not going?" She looked at him and shrugged.

"I don't think so, I haven't fully decided." A small look of disappointment flashed across his features.

"You should come though, it'll help you get to know everyone on a non work based level." She looked at his expression as he talked, he seemed a little too enthusiastic to have her come to the party. Even though Matty himself had invited her, she didn't fully agree to go even to him.

"I'll think about it but I can't promise anything, what if it's just weird that I turn up? I don't know anyone." She mumbled and looked at her computer screen in front of her.

"Don't worry about that, I'll be there to keep you company." He winked at her and walked off before she could verbally show him her disgust for the action. It could be that he was just overly nice and just wanted to make her feel welcome but deep down, she knew he was just another man wanting what he couldn't have.

Alyssa shook the thought from her head and gathered up the file she had been working on, she had to hand it into Jamie to finish off the first big piece of work she'd been doing for him in her first week at Dirty Hit. His office seemed to be quiet so now was the best time to drop it off to him, so she walked over to the door and knocked lightly. "Come on in." He called out. She opened the door and bumped into a body, looking up she realised it was Matty.

"Watch out there love, nearly took me out." He chuckled, gaining a small smile from Alyssa.

"Sorry." She mumbled quietly.

"It's alright darling, you coming tonight by the way?" He asked with hopeful eyes, she looked into them and faltered. He had this energy around her that she couldn't quite put her finger on but it made her more and more intrigued.

"Yeah." She replied quickly, having realised that she had said only minutes ago that she wasn't even sure she would go to Lax.

"Good, see you there." He winked at her and slipped by her, leaving the office completely.

She turned her attention to walk into the office, feeling slightly flustered that in just 30 seconds interacting with Matty she'd agreed to go to his party. "I've finished the report you asked me to do." She smiled and handed the file over to an eager Jamie.

"Brilliant, I wasn't expecting it until Monday if I'm being honest." He looked it over quickly and nodded. "It looks good, thank you for doing it so quickly."

"It's no problem, I thought it's better to get it done before the weekend starts." Her smile was genuine for the first time, other than when it was towards Matty.