ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

Lunar Franklin was no stranger to danger. She had no real home, no family and no friends. That was all taken from her, by one man. She stood on old Wickery Bridge and breathed in. Mystic Falls absolutely reeked of Vampires and Witches. Her brown eyes fluttered shut as she leaned against the metal bridge, almost daring herself to jump. She didn't, taking a hasty step back before she did something stupid. A small laugh escaped her lips, before she continued to stumble down the road and into the town of Mystic Falls.

Starring up at the partial moon Lunar clicked her knuckles, grateful she wouldn't be breaking any bones tonight. Without her heightened abilities though, came vulnerability. Without a pack and without her werewolf genes at their peak, thanks to the lack of full moon, Lunar was totally unprepared for the swoosh of air that surrounded her.

Her body slammed against someone's car, the alarm blaring. Lunar fought the urge to scream, as she looked up and saw the man's face morph from a beautiful one into a terrifying one. His eyes burned amber, and at first she thought he was a wolf, like her. But then she saw the protruding veins beneath those bright eyes. A vampire? Lunar stared for a moment, her breath catching in her chest. "Your the hybrid."

Klaus smiled, letting his features retreat as he stepped back and let go of Lunar's delicate body. "You've heard of me. Fantastic." A devilish grin spread across his face, and Lunar cursed her heart for the beat it skipped. Mostly, because she knew he'd hear it, and judging by the way his grin only increased he most definitely had noticed.

"I don't take well to being slammed into cars." Lunar spat, trying to steady her nerves as she straightened out her jacket and moved away from the car. She surveyed the damage Klaus' blow had caused, the passenger window was now shattered. "Your lucky that's not a mirror." Lunar retorted, eyeing him with disgust.

She began to walk away, but he once again used his vampire speed to block her path. "Not so fast." He said, his tone was teasing but his eyes most definitely were not. "I've heard about you." He almost admired her strength, her confidence. Almost.

"Oh, and I've heard about you." She returned the compliment, sort of. "But I'm afraid I haven't got time to chit chat. Gotta blast." He put a hand to her chest, preventing her from moving.

"The alpha female of the crescent pack." He breathed out the words, his breathe tickling her skin. "What an honour to meet you, Queen Lunar."

She raised a hand and slapped him. "Don't you dare call me that, and don't you dare mention them to me ever again." She hissed, her eyes growing amber and yellow with each passing moment of anger.

He laughed, but it was hollow. The slap hadn't hurt anything other than his pride. "I am not one of them anymore." Lunar continued, her fury evident.

"What a pity. I had excellent plans for you." He looked at her as her eyes returned to their normal deep brown. "But Queen or not, I do not take well to being disrespected." He hissed into her ear. "If you knew who I was, you wouldn't of done that."

It was Lunar's turn to laugh, which only confused Klaus. "I know who you are, and how the world quakes at the very whisper of your name, Niklaus Mikaelson." She grinned, eyeing his body up and down, then back to his blue eyes again. "I am just not every other person in this world, and I don't fear nobodies." She turned, walking away, only for Klaus to be stood in front of her again.

Lunar groaned, which only made Klaus laugh. "Quit stalling. Get to the point." She rolled her eyes, but Klaus didn't give her an answer he just grabbed her arm dragging her all the way back to his mansion at super speed.