ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

➳

Lunar paces back and forth in the Abattoir's sitting room. She cannot rest, and she cannot settle her mind. It wanders, to the scenarios of what is happening outside in the Quarter.

Her biggest fear is being useless, and that's exactly what she is right now. A sitting duck, whilst Elijah and Klaus do all the leg work.

"I can't stand this!" Lunar exclaims, upturning a table and all its contents onto the floor.

"Worrying isn't going to help, or destroying Klaus' living room." Genevieve remarks, entering the room and beginning to pick up the mess. "You should sit down, try to keep calm."

Lunar frowns. "What are you, now, magician slash zen life coach?" She snarks back. "I haven't been calm a day in my life."

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby." Genevieve tells her. Lunar sighs, finally sitting down. "Especially now you're so close to term."

"I hate this, sitting here doing nothing. I feel completely useless." Lunar admits. "I know, their protecting me by keeping me here, but I'd be far better off out there, than in here."

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town?" Genevieve sighs, a hint of jealousy in here voice. "It's all for you. I'm a bit envious."

Lunar looks at her. "I can protect myself. I've been protecting myself for decades."

"Doesn't mean you don't like it, finally, having someone in the world looking after you." Genevieve looks at the brunette, and there's a small kindness to her eyes Lunar hasn't seen before.

"Perhaps I do, but I'm not a damsel and I'm certainly not in distress." Lunar replies, watching as Genevieve sits on the sofa besides her now.

"Is there anything I can get you?" The witch asks now.

Lunar smiles. "How about a moonlight ring?" Her voice mildly sarcastic.

Genevieve chuckles. "The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex. And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!" She declares.

Lunar eyes her for a moment before getting to her feet. "I hope your right." She replies dryly, as she leaves the room, heading down the hall.

- The Dock's -

Klaus and Elijah have arrived at Thierry's warehouse, finding Jackson still bound to his chair. A black hood is over his head. Marcel and Diego are gone, along with Oliver. They removed the hood from the werewolf's head, causing him to flinch, until he realises he's being rescued.

Klaus grabs Jackson's face in his hand, taking a closer look at his injuries. "Accolades to Marcel, he did quite a dance across the bridge of your nose. Where is he now?" He asks.

Jackson looks around the warehouse silently, before glancing down at the floor. There is an explosive rigged to the legs of his chair, connected to a crate that has an even larger bomb inside.

"Nowhere to be found." Elijah answers Niklaus instead. He opens a crate, finding yet another explosive. "Although, he did leave us a delightful parting gift."

Klaus looks at Jackson. "What about the stones?" He questions urgently.

"I don't know. Untie me, I'll help you find them!" Jackson says, becoming frantic.

"Sit still!" Elijah snaps. "You'll be freed as soon as it's safe." He kneels down to further examine the triggers on Jackson's chair, whilst Klaus finds another bomb inside a crate.