ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

➳

Lunar walks out onto the porch at the back of the Mikaelson mansion, finding Rebekah sat in one of the chairs.

"I know we didn't get off to the best start, but thank you." Lunar looks at the blonde vampire.

"Us girls have to stick together." Rebekah tells Lunar.

Lunar smiles at the sentiment. "I was rude to you this morning, and I'm sorry." She admits, starring off into the distance to avoid looking at Rebekah.

"I'm just not very good at trusting." Lunar admits.

Rebekah shakes her head and smiles. "I know. Your just like Nik."

Lunar turns and looks at the vampire now, eyebrows raised. "You pretend you hate him, but it's so clear. Even when you hate him, you still love him."

"I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like loosing a part of yourself. But sometimes the hate is so...powerful." Rebekah admits.

"Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed." She told Lunar. "He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone I care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until, one day, someone was."

Lunar listened intently, her mind whirling as she thought about who that person could be. Then, it clicked. She might not of known everything about the Mikaelson family, but she had eyes, ears and a brain.

"Marcel?" Lunar questions, Rebekah nods but doesn't say anything more.

"If you know Marcel has Elijah, why don't you just get him back yourself?" Lunar folds her arms across her chest. She knew it was what she would do, if she cared.

"Because, if I cross my brother there's still a coffin downstairs with my name on it." Rebekah tells her, frowning.

Lunar eyes Rebekah. "Your so afraid of him?" She questions, a small laugh escaping her lips.

"And your stupid for not being afraid of him. Frankly, I don't think you'll live to see that child be born if you carry on pushing his buttons." Rebekah retorts back, unsure of what to make of Lunar and her stubborn nature.

Lunar laughs. "Oh, but he likes it." She grins, reaching into her pocket and pulling out two silver daggers.

Rebekah gasps, rushing forwards to snatch them but Lunar moves them from her reach.

"Not so fast." Lunar tells her, hiding the daggers behind her back.

"I've got the daggers now, so if that's what was stopping you getting Elijah back; there we go. Your perfectly safe." Lunar says.

Rebekah begins to smile. "However, that's not all your going to do." Lunar tells her, voice low and steady. "I want you to find out all you can about the Crescent pack curse, and how you break it."

Rebekah reaches up to wrap her hands around Lunar's neck. "I wouldn't." Lunar hisses, moving one of the daggers in her hands so it rests gently against the Originals heart.

"Do we have a deal?" Lunar questions.

Rebekah studies the werewolf in front of her for a moment, before sighing. "You're just like my brother." She snaps. "But yes, we have a deal."

—————

"Where's Rebekah?" Lunar looks up from her seat on the porch to see Klaus.

"She's out." Lunar tells him, keeping the details to herself as she flicks through the pages of her magazine.