ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪᴠᴇ

➳

Lunar is sat on the sofa, tuning out the rest of Rebekah and Klaus' bickering. Klaus leaves, slamming the door behind him.

"You, wolf girl." Rebekah says, turning to look at Lunar. "I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping."

Lunar ignores her, remaining sitting. "You mistake me for someone who cares." She says, raising an eyebrow.

"If you want to remain in one piece I suggest you cooperate." Rebekah snaps back.

"I already know what Klaus has done with Elijah." Lunar admits, picking the chipped nail varnish off her fingers as she spook.

"Then, you lied to me earlier, which wasn't very smart." Rebekah says, annoyed.

"No, I didn't lie to you. I just said I couldn't discuss it." Lunar corrects her calmly.

Rebekah looks at her. "Your under his spell."

"I'm under no ones spell, I just don't care what he does, and I don't much care for helping you either." Lunar shrugs, standing up and making her way to the stairs. "If you mind, I have things to do."

Rebekah vamp speeds over to her, cutting off her path. She stares at her with open curiosity. "A werewolf with no humanity, how utterly perplexing."

Lunar rolls her eyes. "I'm a women of many wonders." She says, stepping towards the stairs again, but Rebekah's next words cause her to stop in her tracks.

"You should've run the moment Klaus told you about Elijah."

Lunar laughs. "Oh, he didn't tell me. I watched it happen." She turns and watches the look of horror on Rebekah's face. "Then we had pizza." Lunar shrugs. "Or rather, I had pizza and Klaus had the delivery guy." She grins.

"What are you doing?" Rebekah questions. "What do you want with my brother?"

"I don't want anything from your brother. Truth be told, there are many places I'd rather be than here." Lunar continues. "But the witches put some sort of hex on me, and until we can break that hex I'm stuck here."

"What happens if you leave?" Rebekah asks, although her smug look suggests she already knows the answer.

Lunar raises a hand to her neck and slices a finger across it, signalling that she would die.

"That would be a shame." Rebekah's voice is dripping with sarcasm.

"You won't kill me." Lunar replies, turning to head back up the stairs. "Not unless you want to end up in a box for another hundred years."

Later that evening

Lunar got bored, having been left alone whilst Rebekah was out no doubt trying to find Elijah's body and Klaus was doing god knows what. So she took it upon herself to leave the mansion and re-discover the streets of New Orleans.

She found herself wandering through Bienville Park. The street lit with the street lights as she found herself a bench and sat on it.

Letting her thoughts wonder, Lunar thought back to her pack. She was only a young girl when she had left; barely a teenager, but she knew her duty and what her betrayal had meant to them when she had escaped the Crescent pack curse.

Her plan to return to New Orleans and find a witch to help her reverse the curse hadn't gone to plan at all; she hadn't expected any of the events that had followed and now she felt totally side tracked.