ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Rebekah descends down the stairs at the Folean mansion, yawning. It's been centuries since she knew what it felt like to feel truly tired.

She enters the common room where the rest of the witches are congregating. Some are reading, others are sewing. One blonde witch is sat on the floor, barefoot and cross-legged, starring at the TV with amazement.

Cassie is sitting at the piano and Rebekah joins her now. She sinks into the bench besides her, sighing dramatically.

"You look terrible." Cassie comments.

"I didn't sleep very well." Rebekah answers, glancing around the room.

"Heard you got caught out past curfew.. again." Cassie remarks.

Rebekah smiles. "A simple misunderstanding. Kindred witches like to be in charge. I don't much care for taking orders." Cassie rolls her eyes at Rebekah.

"On that note.." Rebekah pulls an apple out from her sweater pocket, surreptitiously handing it to Cassie.

"Where did you get that?" Cassie whispers, shocked and a little bit appalled at Rebekah's brazen attitude.

"I nicked it from the pantry." Rebekah replies, a little smugly.

The teenager becomes worried now. "But the kindre-" Rebekah cuts her off.

"Did you miss the part where I said I don't care about rules? Take the apple." She tries to hand it to Cassie once more, but she refuses to take it.

"You're out of your mind." Cassie gets up and leaves. Rebekah sighs, shoving the apple back into her pocket and following after her. They find a nearby sofa to sit down on.

"I'm a free spirt, which is why I don't intent to spend another night trapped in this bloody dungeon." Rebekah says.

"What are you talking about?" Cassie whispers.

"You know that any spell can be broken with enough power. What we need to do is channel something strong." Cassie just looks at her confused, so Rebekah continues.

"I went to the room with the locked door. There's something in there, someone. I'm not sure who she is or why she's here, and I don't care. Point is, she's strong. I mean, I didn't even know what witch power felt like, and still, I could sense it coming out of that room in waves. You and I can channel her and bust free of this loony bin." Rebekah concludes.

She smiles and holds the apple out to Cassie once more. The teenager hesitates before eventually taking it and smiling back.

The pair stand now, making their way into another room where Rebekah notices the blonde witch watching TV, although she doesn't recognise her as the girl from the coffin upstairs.

"Who's the new girl at the telly?" She whispers to Cassie.

"One more bonkers witch, got dumped here in the middle of the night." Cassie answers.

"Anything good on?" Rebekah asks the girl, stepping towards her.

"These paintings can move. They depict a rodent breaking the bones of a rather tenacious feline." The blonde witch replies, utterly perplexed with the TV.