ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

➳

Rebekah is on the phone to Marcel. She paces the tombs of the Lafayette Cemetery, doing her best to avoid her brother, Klaus.

"What a fool I am. I actually thought Davina would come to the rescue." She says, dryly.

"I'll get someone else. Whole town is full of witches." Marcel reassures confidently.

"All of whom despise you." Rebekah adds.

"I'll figure this out. Meantime, just don't piss Klaus off anymore than he already is." Marcel replies.

"It's a little late for that. I may have provoked him further. But then, I didn't much care for his accusations that you seduced me into bringing Mikael." Rebekah says, disgusted.

"Wait a minute. I would never do that." Marcel is shocked to hear Klaus' accusations against him.

"We almost got away. If we just kept going, we could be anywhere in the world by now. Klaus might've found us and killed us, but he'll do that, anyway. Would've been nice to have a little happiness first." Rebekah sighs.

"He's not gonna kill you. You're his sister." Marcel replies.

"And you're like a son to him, and believe me, he means to kill you. You know, I've never much thought about dying. One of the perks of being immortal, I guess. What an odd thing it is, to be here one minute and gone the next. Rather terrifying." She says, her voice tinged with sadness.

"If he lays so much as a finger on you I will kill that werewolf bitch." Marcel says angrily.

Rebekah stops, unsure she's heard Marcel right. "You have Lunar?" She asks, her voice quiet. "Marcel. Don't touch her. She's pregnant, and..Nik..Nik'll kill you and everyone you've met if she's so much as scratched." Rebekah warns.

"Rebekah-" Marcel tries to argue, but she cuts him off.

"You need to run, Marcel. When the moon reaches it's apex, Klaus will be free, and he will do to you what he's going to do to me, only worse. Go now and don't look back." Rebekah hangs up the phone before he can say anything else.

Elsewhere in the Cemetery Klaus and Elijah continue to fight; argue.

"So, what's it gonna be? You hold both weapons. Tunde's blade would put me down, but the stake could finish me off for good." Klaus says, eyeing his brother.

"Well, unlike you, brother, I have no taste for fratricide." Elijah holds up the white oak stake. "I only hold this to keep it from you." He lifts Papa Tunde's blade. "This is just my insurance."

"Why must you defend her? Rebekah betrayed you, as well, when she brought Mikael here." Klaus says coldly.

"Because she is our sister, and because I like to remember her the way that she was before we became what we became." Elijah recalls a childhood memory of himself, Rebekah, Niklaus, Finn and Kol, laughing and playing. "She was an innocent girl, quick to laugh, full of life."

"My memories serve to make her betrayal more painful." Klaus simply says.

"Can you not then accept some small part of the blame? After all, Niklaus, it was your cruelty that led her to do what she did." Elijah replies.

"Do you not see, Elijah? She didn't mean to chase me off. She wanted me dead." Klaus snaps, hurt.

"You're wrong." Elijah tries to reason with him, but it's of no use.

"She has always hated me. You know that's true." Klaus shrugs.

"You have no idea, do you? You have no idea what she was prepared to do for you. When our sister sees something that she perceives to be an injustice, she can be stubborn, impetuous, and, at times, downright dangerous, and never was this more apparent than the night she tried to kill our father." Elijah says, remembering a young Rebekah hovering over their sleeping father, knife in hand.