ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Klaus returns home to the compound, joining Elijah in the wine cellar to discuss the events of the day. Klaus paces back and forth angrily, too riled up from his encounter with the witch to notice how anxious his brother is.

"It is worse than we thought." Klaus tells him, he breaks the neck off a bottle of wine. "I met the witch, Cassie. I studied her, her presence, the way she carried herself. The fervour of which she voiced her hatred of our kind. I looked into that girl's eyes, and I swear to you, Elijah, she's not just guided by our mother. She is our mother."

"What is happening?" Elijah questions, even though Niklaus doesn't have the answers.

"I'm going to kill her. I will boil her bones and feed them to the dogs, if that's what it takes." Klaus says angrily.

"Niklaus-" Elijah tries to interrupt him, but Klaus just ploughs on.

"What? What could possibly be more important than the return of our mother?" He shoots back.

Elijah sighs. "Our father. I saw him standing there in the flesh, as you do now. He was enslaved with some spell cast by Davina. He holds the stake. If she chooses to release him.."

"Well, then there's only one question we need to ask, isn't there? Which one of our parents do we kill first?" Klaus replies, more determined than ever.

They head up from the wine cellar now, into the courtyard where Lunar is entering through the gates with a small group of werewolves following in tow.

"Take any of the rooms on the first floor." Lunar tells them, pointing up to the balcony and sending them off with a smile as though she's the friendliest host at the highest rated Trip Adviser hotel.

Klaus raises his eyebrows at her, frowning. "Are we running a kennel now?"

Lunar turns to look at him, rolling her eyes. After her encounter with her long lost daughter, she is not in the mood for his egotistical dramatics. "I'll handle them." She folds her arms.

"Our family is under siege. It is not the time for guests." Klaus shoots back.

"Oh for god sake, I haven't got time for this!" Lunar snaps, loosing her patience now. "If they're not with us, they're with the witches. You asked me to step up. This is me stepping up."

Klaus smiles now. "Well, it seems I'm a good influence on you after all." He scans the faces now. "I don't see Oliver amongst them. Am I to assume you finished him off?"

Lunar tries and fails to hold back a smile at the thought. "We made a deal. He'll pledge his loyalty to Cassie, report back, and tell me everything that he learns."

Klaus smiles now. "Well done!" He says, genuinely proud of her leadership skills.

"Well, believe it or not, I was quite literally born for this job." She shrugs, before the sight of Elijah approaching them catches her eye.

"Well, you two have your hands full." Elijah remarks, before heading for the exit onto the street.

"Where are you going?" Lunar asks, confused at his frosty attitude especially after he'd been the one encouraging her to rekindle with her pack.

"To be perfectly honest with you, the presence of all of them here, it's... it's a little much." He admits, before seeming to change his mind. "No, perhaps it's for the best. You should be with your kind."

Lunar frowns, about to ask him what's up when he ups and leaves. "Um, ok?" She says, turning back to Klaus. "That was weird right?"

Klaus just shrugs and laughs. "Don't stress about Elijah." He tells her, planting a kiss on her lips and pulling her body close, but she abruptly pulls away.