ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

➳

Lunar stared at Elijah, unsure of if she needed to be doing anything.

How exactly was she meant to handle an Original vampire being bitten by his Original hybrid brother?

"Do I need to... do something?" Lunar finally asks, gesturing and pointing towards the bite on Elijah's neck.

"The bite won't kill me." Elijah informs her calmly. "Like Niklaus himself, it's more of a nuisance than anything."

Lunar manages a small laugh. "Good, because someone's going to have to drive me home." She grins.

Elijah watches as she turns, seeming to step towards the wooden shack without even thinking about it.

She runs her hands over the wood, finding herself lost in the moments that happened here too long ago.

Lunar sighs, shutting her eyes and blocking out the memories. She feels haunted. The ghosts here swarm her mind, leaving no room for coherent thought.

"This was your home?" Elijah breaks into those thoughts.

Lunar startles, before nodding, not bothering to turn and face him. "It was." She whispers. "The people here are the only family I have left, yet I abandoned them." She turns now.

"I am not a good person, Elijah, and you are no fool. Please, don't lower yourself in thinking I am something better than your brother."

Elijah listens intently, his gaze never leaving her eyes. He sighs. "Perhaps I was too willing to condemn him. In the thousand years that we have been together, my brother has committed numerous unspeakable acts. But, then again, so has Rebekah. So have I."

Lunar half smiles. "And me, except I haven't had the luxury of a thousand years." She shrugs. "I wonder, does that make me worse, committing those same unspeakable acts in less than thirty years." She tilts her head. "Was you a monster when you were thirty years old?"

Elijah let's her words sink in, but he doesn't answer her question. "I see no monster, Lunar." He steps forwards, and despite his close proximity making her lungs compress she cannot step backwards.

She refrains from breaking the moment by making a joke. Instead, she lets her eyes drift to the bog beneath her feet. "It doesn't matter what you see Elijah, it's what I see. It's what I will always see." She takes a step up the wooden steps, putting distance between them.

"It doesn't matter, though. I'm not afraid of what goes bump in the night." She adds, Elijah conceals his smile as he follows her.

She steps into the wooden shack. More chairs have been broken, and the dead Hybrid still lays on the floor. "I suppose we might have to deal with Dwayne." Lunar rolls her eyes.

"Dwayne?" Elijah questions, looking down at the man's body. His heart is halfway across the room.

"Aye." Lunar nods, grabbing his arms, she points indicating for Elijah to pick up his legs. "He was has annoying as his name suggests."

They carry his body outside and dispose of it by burning it. Lunar sits and watches the flames.

—————

Klaus has returned home to the Mikaelson mansion. Lunar hasn't returned yet, so he can only imagine Elijah is turning the werewolf against him.

He drinks his glass of scotch, eyes never straying from the window in front of him.

He senses, rather than see's, Rebekah join him in the room.

"I thought you were leaving us." He says coldly.