ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏᴜʀ

➳

Lunar surveys the Mikaelson's mansion, having been brought there by Elijah. Although, she wasn't sure where he was now.

She found herself in a room, lifting a dusty sheet off a crib.

"Are you alright?" The voice shocked Lunar. She dropped the dust sheet, before looking at the figure in the doorway.

"Klaus." She breathed out his name. He was the last person she had expected to see, despite the fact she was in his house. Bending down to pick the dust sheet up and put it back over the crib Lunar avoided looking at him. "I don't want you pity or your sympathy."

He didn't answer her, so she continued talking. "I didn't want any of this. If I'd of known any of this would've happened I never would've.." she trailed off, too exhausted to put her thoughts together.

Klaus nodded. "Elijah insists that your the most important person in this family now." He stated.

"I don't want to be any trouble." Lunar retorted.

"Something tells me that's all you've ever been." Klaus said, keeping his distance still.

Lunar laughed. "Oh, and your such an upholding citizen." Klaus smirked.

"I know what you want, Klaus. It's the same things I've always wanted." Lunar began to absentmindedly pace the room as she talked. "I don't need mollycoddling or protecting. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." She stopped walking and looked at him now. "What I'm saying is, if you want your city back; go and get it. Don't let me hold you back."

Klaus was stunned, but in all the best ways. He sped over to her so he was standing in front of the werewolf queen. "You continue to amaze me." He lowered his voice to a deep whisper. "But I'm afraid, I may do things you don't like."

Lunar shook her head. "I am not your judge, Klaus." She told him. "You do what you want. Just as long as I can do what I want."

This unnerved him, but he reluctantly nodded. "Will you be ok here?" He asked, moving back to the door way. Lunar nodded. "I have something I need to deal with." Klaus sped off before Lunar could reply.

She sighed, wondering what her life had come to. Placing a hand on her stomach as she looked at the room, trying to familiarise herself with her new home for the foreseeable future.

——————

Klaus found Elijah downstairs in the mansion. His brother poured him a drink and they sat and talked, discussing the events of the last few days.

"In addition to the secret weapon he uses to control the witches, Marcel has assembled a small army of vampires. Working together, we can destroy them from the inside." Elijah discussed.

"And what of Rebekah?" Klaus asked, bringing up their absent, younger sister. "Has she stopped her pouting long enough to join the fun?"

"She has made her disinterest clear." Elijah said.

"One too many times daggered and shoved in a box, I gather?" Klaus said, unable to keep a grin off his face. "Or perhaps she doesn't share your unwavering belief that I can be saved."

"Rebekah may surprise us yet. After all, we all swore the same vow." Elijah said, still having faith in his sister.

"I hope she stays far away." Klaus admitted. "Because in my desire to reclaim this town, to steal from Marcel that which he holds most dear, I have realised one massive vulnerability. One weakness that Marcel could exploit."

"And what is that?" Elijah asked, thinking Klaus was once again going to turn his back on Lunar and the unborn child.

"You." Klaus said, pulling out a dagger dipped in white oak. He plunged it into Elijah's chest without a seconds thought.