ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

➳

Lunar awoke with a headache, trying to recall where she was and what had happened. She felt the soft sheets of the bed beneath her and looked around the unfamiliar room.

Shifting her gaze to the warm body besides her she saw The Hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson. Sighing, Lunar remembered the events of the previous night.

Feeling like a fool for crawling into bed with a man she should fear Lunar hastily removed the duvet, quietly sliding out of bed.

"Running away, little wolf?" Klaus opened his eyes, staring at the familiar Crescent pack birth mark on her shoulder.

She sighed, not even turning to look at him. "Yes." She stood up, finding her clothes and beginning to put them on. "And don't call me that." She scolded, pulling on her jeans.

Klaus only admired the view. "Your not just leaving?" He questioned, as if only now releasing that she wasn't joking.

"Yes." Lunar said again, not wanting to make small talk. "You can't help me break the curse, that's fine. I'll find someone else to help." She told him, checking her reflection in the mirror.

"Oh, and what happened last night? It was a mistake." She left quickly, leaving him dumbstruck. She may not have vampire speed, but she successfully made it out of the Mikaelson mansion alive. Even if it was by the skin of her teeth.

A few days later

Lunar breathed in the air of New Orleans. Home. She'd missed it here. The noise, the people. The city itself. But her home wasn't safe, for so many reasons.

Klaus had been of little help, so after her drunken mistake she fled to New Orleans figuring if she went to the source she'd maybe find the cure for her pack.

The door to the bar dinged, signalling her arrival. The brunette took a seat on the bar stool and smiled at the bartender who was an old friend. "Third time this week." Jane-Anne greeted.

Lunar smiled and shrugged. "I'm obsessed with The Gumbo." She teased, knowing the witch knew full well why she was here. Jane-Anne raised a skeptic eyebrow.

"Fine, you figured me out." Lunar pretended to cave into the witches skeptical look. "I was wondering if-" but she was cut off.

"The answer is still no, Lunar." Jane-Anne told her firmly. "I can't help your family."

Lunar shot the witch an icy glare, pushing back the bar stool and standing up. "Jane, I regard you as a friend." She said, pressing her hands against the wooden bar that stood between them. "But don't mistake that as a security blanket. I have been known to cut off those who mean more to me than some witch to protect my own." Lunar hissed.

"I would be very upset if you made an enemy of me, Jane-Anne." Lunar picked up her bag, that she had placed on the floor by the stool. "For your sake, not mine." She left as quickly as she had arrived, leaving the witch and her younger sister reeling over her words.

- The Lafayette Cemetery -

Jane-Anne and her younger sister, Sophie, walked amongst the tombs of their fellow witches. The sacred ground meant this was the only place safe from the notorious vampires of New Orleans.

"Don't do it. Please." Sophie begged her sister. "What if I'm wrong about her?"

Jane-Anne continued to set out the candles, preparing for the spell. "That's the beauty of you, you're never wrong." She looked at her sister, praise momentarily in her eyes before she continued. "She's the only way we're going to get to Klaus."