ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Davina and Kol are performing a spell, chanting over a cauldron filled with liquid. They take a straw poppet, dipping it into the cauldron as they chant together.

"It's finished." Davina sighs. "But, I'm afraid it's not enough to protect Cami's body from Esther's magic."

"I might know a way to distract you from your troubled mind?" Kol grins, whilst Davina looks at him and smiles.

Suddenly, Marcel joins them, unamused. "You can take this seriously, or I can lock you in a coffin like your brother Finn, if you prefer."

"No. No, I'd prefer you to bugger off, because this spell needs time to cook in peace." Kol shoots back.

"Cami doesn't have time. Esther can jump anybody into her body right now." Marcel retorts.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, but she's not going to jump anybody. She's going to jump Rebekah, who just happens to be miles away. But, fair dues, Marcel, I think I'd be a bit testy, too, if my old ex was about to jump into my new ex. I think that would be a bit, uh.." Kol's cut up short.

"Awkward?" Cami finishes for him, joining them.

Kol shrugs. "I was going to say kinky, but.."

Marcel angrily vamp-speeds to Kol now, grabbing him by the collar. Hastily, Cami rushes over and pulls Marcel away from the boy.

"I appreciate the chivalry, Marcel, but he'll have an easier time protecting me if he's alive." She says.

Marcel let's Kol go. "Keep working." He snaps at him, before leaving with Cami.

"What is it with you two?" Davina asks Kol when their alone.

"Eh, it gets a bit old, playing odd man out in my own family. You know, Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah.. they were always a party of three. No room for me at the table, but there always seemed to be room for Marcel." He shrugs, watching as Davina begins to clear the salt and herbs off the table. "You know that diamond, the one that I showed you?" Kol asks her.

"Mmm." Davina nods.

"Well, that was the baby version. The one that we need to do the dagger spell, well, that has to be a lot bigger. A hundred years ago, I had it in my hand, and Marcel ratted me out to Klaus and they took it. He probably bloody well kept it!" Kol tells her.

Davina smiles. "Then, let's steal it back. It's a good chance to snoop!"

"It's like you're in my mind, Davina Claire!" Kol replies, smiling.

- The Bayou -

Mikael is out in the Bayou, tearing apart a dead werewolf, when Starling's begin to fly above head. He watches one of the birds as it flies away, and suddenly, Esther appears behind him.

"You're making a mess of my werewolf centuries, Mikael." Esther scolds him, annoyed.

"And you're up to your old tricks." He stands now, approaching her. "Esther. I've missed you, wife. Have you missed me?"

She sighs. "As much as you've missed me, I imagine."

"That would explain why you brought your lover back from the other side without so much as a thought for me. I will slaughter every single wolf I see until I am taken to the dog you saw fit to bring back from the dead!" Mikael spits out the words, furious.