ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ

➳

Davina and Kol are walking in the woods just outside the cabin, searching for Mikael, whilst discussing Davina's spell.

"Bleeding power from a dark object is tricky, so it does help to know what kind of object it is." Kol is saying to her.

"The white oak stake." Davina tells him.

Kol laughs now, a little patronisingly. "You want to drain the white oak stake, do you?"

Davina shrugs. "It's a dark object. If I can't stop Mikael, I have to stop that stake from working."

"See, usually I like a girl with ambition, but this is just beyond mad." He tells her.

Davina grabs his arm now, growing impatient. "Just show me the spell, Kaleb!" She pauses. "Kol, or whatever your name is."

"The problems not the spell, love. It's the white oak stake. It's too powerful, you can't just drain it. Best you can hope for is to disable it, but just for a bit." Kol tells her, before heading for his car.

"So, do you have a better solution? Because I don't have time to argue! So, show me the spell, and hand me the keys." She extends her hand now.

Kol looks at her, amused. "And what are you going to do? Just drive around until you bump into them?"

"You may have messed with my bracelet, but I made sure months ago that I would always be able to find Mikael." Davina replies.

"Alright, fine. Your funeral. I'm still not going to allow you to drive my bloody car, though."

- Abandoned building -

Klaus is still wandering the outskirts of the Bayou, trying to track down Mikael and Lunar. He spots a blood stained rock now and investigates it, he frowns anxiously as he realises the blood is Lunar's.

Picking up a shovel that's nearby, he breaks it in half before entering the abandoned building. He finds Mikael with his hand jammed into Lunar's chest, there's a stake impaled into her back.

She gasps for breath, coughing up blood, barely able to stand as she watches Klaus enter the building. She looks up at him, pleadingly almost.

"You're gonna pay for hurting her!" He warns, pointing his handmade stake at Mikael.

Mikael swiftly removes his hand from Lunar's chest, empty. She falls to the ground, gasping. Reaching up, Lunar groans as she tries and fails to reach for the stake in her back. She falls, weakened, onto the ground.

Nik looks at her with concern. "Aw, how sweet. The cur whines for its bitch." He holds Papa Tunde's blade in one hand and the white oak stake in the other. "I'll be sure to rip out her heart in front of your eyes, just before you burn."

Furious, Klaus literally leaps into the air and lunges at Mikael with his stake. He tackles Mikael, but they both recover quickly, standing defensively.

Mikael quickly pins Klaus to a wall, trying to jam the white oak stake into his heart as Klaus desperately holds him off. Lunar watches on in horror, still grappling with the stake in her back.

Mikael is just about to successfully stake Klaus when he kicks him in the gut, and then the face, tackling him. The two burst through one of the concrete walls into the next room, debris flying everywhere.

Outside, Kol and Davina have arrived. Davina is just about to enter the main room when Kol stops her.

"Wait! We need to do this together." He tells her.