ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Lunar enters Klaus' room, sitting down on the sofa, a mocktail in her hands. She sips at the drinks and watches him. "I told Jackson you want to meet." Lunar says. "Although, I'm not sure if he'll come, he doesn't seem too keen on the idea of me staying here."

"Then, he is a fool." Klaus says, sitting down besides her. "Standing in your way will ultimately lead to his demise."

Lunar smiles, hearing footsteps enter the room. She turns her head to the doorway, shocked to find Jackson stood there. "You came." Lunar breathes out the words.

"Like I said, Lunar, your happiness is important to me." Jackson tells her.

Klaus steps forwards now to greet Jackson. "I'm so glad you accepted my invitation."

"So, is this where the great Klaus Mikaelson says something poignant, and snaps my neck?" Jackson shoots back, refusing to sit besides Lunar.

"I'm not here to kill you. I'm here to offer you a gift." Klaus says, looking at Lunar. "Both of you."

"Out of the kindness of your vampire heart?" Jackson isn't convinced.

"Our hearts are more similar than you might realise. You see, long before I evolved, mine beat as a werewolf. I know your power. I know your burden. I'm here to take the latter away." Klaus tells him.

"You want to make me a hybrid? I put my pack first, and I'm not gonna let anything compromise my family line, especially becoming blood thirsty vampire parasites." Jackson says, disgusted at the offer.

"Hey!" Lunar snaps, pointing at Jackson. "My child that you so desperately want me to raise in the Bayou is part vampire. Watch your tone."

Klaus smiles, before returning his attention to Jackson. "That pride, that sense of loyalty? Well, that's exactly why I haven't snapped your neck yet."

"Well, if you're not gonna kill me, then what the hell do you want?" Jackson asks.

"Only to give you back the city that was taken from you. How is that for poignant?" Klaus smirks.

"Why would I trust someone who's conspiring behind his own brother's back?" Jack questions, frowning.

"I'm not trying to undermine Elijah's venture. I'm supporting his vision. Vampires destroy lives to survive, witches are only as powerful as their dead, but the werewolves have thrived because their strength comes from family unity. The safety of that unity is what I want for my unborn child. The painful truth is, vampires are the antithesis of unity." Klaus admits.

"So, what, after a thousand years, you're finally ready to embrace the other half of your family tree? News flash, the mother of that unborn child needs to want that family unity too." Jackson shoots back, voice cold.

Lunar glares at him. "Is it any wonder I don't want to be involved with my so called family, after all they've done to me?" She snaps. "But, I am willing to meet you half way on this account."

"Well, maybe the other half doesn't want you." Jackson says to Klaus after Lunar as spoken.

"Oh, they will once they return to the Quarter." Klaus pushes past Jackson, grabbing a wooden box from his desk.

"You got a plan to back that up?" Jackson asks, watching on curiously.

Klaus pulls out the ring Elijah found on the werewolf, Cary, that once belonged to Esther. "My mother was a very powerful witch. I watched her craft all manner of magical items, but her most prized possession was this ring. I hadn't seen it for a thousand years, and then it turned up hanging around the neck of a werewolf, a direct descendant of my biological father. I believe she gave him this ring as a way of freeing him."