ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

Elijah is in the safe house kitchen, preparing breakfast for Camille and Hope, who are in the living room. He grabs an egg, cracking it into a frying pan, when suddenly there's a loud crashing sound followed by the sounds of Hope crying.

Alarmed, he vamp speeds to the living room to see what has happened. A broken dish lays on the floor and Cami is scooping Hope up into her arms. The baby has a small cut on her forehead.

"Oh!" Cami tries to soothe Hope, before looking at Elijah. "She yanked the table cloth and that knick-knack fell on her!" She explains, watching as Elijah approaches them and examines the cut on Hope's forehead. "It's just a scratch." Cami reassures him.

Hope continues to scream and cry. Elijah stares off into the distance, lost in another of his visions. He see's flashes of the long corridor and the red door at the end.

Cami looks at him with worry, holding Hope closer to her body. "Elijah? Elijah?" She tries to break into his thoughts, voice laced with concern.

Eventually, Elijah snaps out of it. He looks at Cami, embarrassed and a little uncomfortable. "Yes." He replies quietly. "Forgive me."

- The Abattoir -

At the Mikaelson compound, Kol and Rebekah are setting out candles, salt and herbs on top of a map that's been laid on a table in the courtyard. Klaus leans against a nearby wall, watching them.

"So, what is the secret, anyway?" Kol asks, looking at Klaus.

"The term secret implies something only known by those who have earned the right to be aware of it." Klaus replies, bored. He approaches them. "Start the spell."

"Well, it's easier said than done. Finn is channeling the power from our parents." Kol nods his head towards Rebekah now. "He's a lot stronger than something some week old witch and I can do."

"Now, hang on! I may not be trained, but I-" Rebekah shoots back, offended, but her outburst causes a magical wind to stir around the courtyard, blowing all the candles and herbs off the table.

Kol sighs in annoyance, whilst Rebekah sits on the couch. "Oh blast." She mutters, defeated.

"We need a stronger witch." Klaus decides, walking towards Kol. "Call Davina."

Kol stands. "No, no, no, no, no! I- I don't want her to know that I'm sick."

"Then do a better bloody job!" Klaus shoots back.

"I just need time." Kol insists.

Klaus rolls his eyes dramatically. "The spell Finn cast to lock you in your body, do you remember it?"

"Well, I was a little distracted by the murder-y part.." Kol replies.

"If we can use his own spell against him, once he's locked in his body, I can end our collective woes with a brief snap of the neck!" Klaus decides, Rebekah smiles at him. "All I need to do is pull it from your memory."

Kol backs away frantically. "Oh, no, no, no! I am not allowing anybody into my mind, do you understand?"

"You came into my home, asking for my help." Klaus approaches him. "This is it. It's not a request." Kol looks at him warily.