ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Lunar is sat at the piano, looking on as Esther and Klaus continue to argue. This is a family matter, and despite her apparently being a Mikaelson now, she cannot help but feel in the way. Out of place.

"If Mikael has returned, we will need to deal with him." Esther says, determined.

Klaus laughs. "We? Is that a joke? Am I to forego centuries of hatred for my evil mother in order to join her in besting the very demon she herself allowed to raise me?"

Lunar feels her heart break a little bit at his words, as she looks on wondering what Esther is going to say.

"I am not evil, Niklaus. I am your salvation." Lunar cannot help but scoff at this, earning herself a glare from Esther, but she just continues. "And Mikael? He was not always a demon."

Kingdom of Norway - 10th century

Esther is sat in front of a fire, dotting on her two young children, when her husband returns home.

"Long ago, he loved his children with all his heart." Esther tells Klaus.

The young boy, Finn, runs towards his father now wrapping his arms around his legs in a hug as Mikael affectionately rubs the boy's head.

"He doted on your brother, Finn, but it was our first born, Freya, who was the apple of his eye."

Freya's face lights up at the sight of her father. She races over to him, beaming as she jumps into his arms and he envelopes her into a hug.

Present day

"You really think that saccharine recollections of ancient history will have any affect on me at all?" Klaus says, unmoved.

"What I think is that you have gone mad from centuries of hating your parents. But, if you join me now, I can grant you peace. And, should Mikael return with the intent to harm you, I will strike him down myself." Esther says firmly.

Lunar watches with a degree of concern as Klaus' features change, she is sure for a moment he is a little bit tempted. She's about to jump in, when he speaks.

"That's quite an offer. But, you know I've never needed any help when it comes to killing parents." Klaus remarks, and Lunar breathes a sigh of relief.

Esther rolls her eyes. "You reject me out of hatred, but I have something stronger. I have the truth about your father - not Mikael, you're real father."

Lunar stands now. "No. Don't listen to her, she's trying to provoke you."

Klaus stares at her, almost forgetting she was there she had been so silent.

"Oh, darling, are you afraid Niklaus will leave you behind when he chooses to find peace in a mortal life?" Esther sneers at the brunette. "You could change your mind, too, and join him."

She vamp-speeds the short distance to Esther and grabs her into a chokehold, slamming her against the burnt out wall of the piano room. "I hope you've got a body prepared!" Lunar hisses.

Suddenly, there are hands grabbing her, pulling her away. "Enough!" Klaus shouts, his voice reverberating through the room. "Kill her now, and I guarantee, she will body jump and we'll have no bloody clue who she is." He tells Lunar, whilst Esther smirks behind her.

"My boy, you are clever, aren't you?" Esther grins.

Lunar looks at Klaus, sighing. "I'm sorry." She whispers, and he nods, brushing a strand of dark hair behind her ear.