ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

➳

Klaus enters the courtyard at the Abattoir where he is to meet Marcel.

"Klaus." Marcel greets, although it isn't friendly.

"You've been avoiding my calls." Klaus shoots back.

"Little pissed off lately." Marcel replies, pulling the silver dagger he's stolen from Klaus out of his pocket.

"Apologies for my behaviour can come later. You have something of mine. I want it back."

Marcel stretches out his hand, holding out the dagger for Klaus. But before the hybrid can retrieve the dagger Rebekah appears, zooming forwards and taking the dagger for herself.

"What is this?" Klaus stares from his sister to Marcel, indignation in his eyes.

"Apologies for your behaviour? You don't apologise, Nik. You just act." Rebekah retorts. "I've had enough. We have had enough."

"Look at you. Finally in possession of the one thing that can take you down. How does it feel?" Klaus taunts.

"Great." Rebekah replies as Marcel whistles, summoning a few of his vampire army.

Klaus eyes them. "So this is it? The evil bastard Klaus has gone too far. Must be punished. And by his own sibling, nonetheless. How positively biblical." His voice raises. "And you, Marcel, is this," he points at the vampires around him, "your idea of a hit? I taught you better than this poultry excuse for a takedown."

Klaus looks around him, growing angrier. "Do you think you can subdue me, with this?!" He yells, as he turns and points at those surrounding him.

"No. But I think I can with this." Marcel replies, whistling again so more vampire's appear and surround Klaus.

Lunar's breathe comes heavy in her chest, as she parks the car and heads for the Abattoir. Reluctantly, she had left Elijah. But then again, she was known for her ability to run from her problems. Stepping into the large courtyard she can smell the vampires before she can see them.

Sticking to the shadows, concealing herself in the darkness best she can; Lunar watches on. She can see a circle of Marcel's cronies. What they are circling, she doesn't know, until she hears his voice.

She stops, listening. Her heart hammers so loudly in her chest she fears someone might hear her.

"Let's end this charade, shall we? Vampires of New Orleans!" Klaus' voice booms. "Do recall that I am an Original. A hybrid. I cannot be killed. Eternity is an awfully long time. How long, do you think, Marcel will stay in power? What if one of you lot were to release me, knowing I will be eternally in your debt?" He turns on the spot. "Oh, I would pity those of you who dared to cross me."

"I can assure you, your ends would be spectacular." His voice is quiet, but no less threatening as he begins to smirk. "To borrow a trick from an old friend." He stretches out his hand, palm outstretched to reveal a coin.

Lunar as stepped forwards, looking through a gap in the circle of vampire's so she can see Klaus. He is yet to notice her. She wonders if he'd even care.

"Whoever picks up," Klaus begins, lifting his hand to reveal the coin more clearly to those surrounding him, "this coin..gets to live." He drops it. There's not a sound in the room besides the gentle thrum of the coin as it settles on the concrete floor.

"Now, which of you magnificent bastards want to join me?" Klaus asks with a self satisfied smirk.

"Anyone wants that coin, pledge allegiance to Klaus. Take it now. Go ahead. The choice is yours." Marcel says, but none of his vampire's move.