ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Davina and Kol are walking through the Quarter, towards the old Folean mansion, where the two witches were trapped in 1914.

"Why are you in such a good mood?" Davina asks with a smile.

"Remember how I said Rebekah had done me a solid in 1914? Swore she hadn't told Klaus that I was taking the diamond back? I was actually being a bit facetious."

The Abattoir, New Orleans - December 1914

The Mikaelson Christmas ball is in full swing, the courtyard brimming with guests dressed in their finest suits and dresses.

Rebekah, drink in hand, is mingling with the guests when she notices a young, blonde girl stood alone near the Christmas tree. She approaches her, recognising the girl as Kol's date.

"You're here with my brother. A word of advice? A witch as lovely as you as no business dating Kol." Rebekah tells her, with a smile.

"Oh, it's not really a date." The blond replies.

Rebekah touches her arm comfortingly. "You can do better." She says, before taking her leave.

She joins her brothers and Marcel on the staircase, where they are all holding drinks and preparing to have the family photograph taken. Kol spots the witch at the base of the staircase and raises his glass to her, and she does the same back, smiling.

They all find their places, posing and holding their drinks whilst the photograph is taken before Nik taps against his glass with a knife, drawing everyones attention.

"As you know, when the Mikaelson's arrived in Louisiana, we brought with us the tradition of holiday bonfire season. Now, we invite you chosen few to join us in our family's own tradition of writing wishes for each other and burning them for luck. The holidays are a time for celebrating family, and friends." Klaus says, glancing at Marcel.

"It is especially gratifying in times when treachery runs deep." He continues, looking at Kol now. "To know you have someone you can trust. A toast, to you, my sister." Rebekah smiles broadly at him.

"To Rebekah!" The guests toast.

Growing suspicious, Kol begins to head up the stairs away from his siblings but Elijah quickly vamp-speeds after him.

Elijah blocks Kol's path, causing him to turn back around, to find Klaus is now at the top of the stairs blocking him moving this way too. Elijah grabs Kol's arms, roughly pulling off his jacket whilst Klaus calls out to the crowds below.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for the disturbance! But what's a Mikaelson party without a little squabble?" He pulls out a silver dagger now, stabbing Kol in the heart with, thus rendering him temporarily dead. Rebekah watches on from the staircase, smiling.

Present Day - New Orleans

"I've owed her one for a century. Today, I got to repay that favour." Davina looks at him, concerned. "Oh, don't worry, love, I'm not going to hurt my own sister. I didn't exactly prep Angelica Barker, either. I prepped someone else."