ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

➳

Klaus has come to Genevieve's house to discuss Father Kieran's increasingly unstable mind and ill health, thanks to the witches hex.

"You came all this way to beg for some human's life?" Genevieve asks, unimpressed.

"Father Kieran's time is running out, and he has been an ally to me." Klaus says.

"Your ally, and Cami's uncle. Sorry. As I've already said, there's no way to undo that hex." Genevieve replies bluntly.

"Oh, come on. You and I both know there's always a loophole." Klaus continues to plead.

"Not for this. At least not among my people. Although, I do wonder. Your mother was powerful. She would have had access to all manner of spells. Perhaps I could take a look through her grimoire." Genevieve suggests.

"You want to use Father Kieran's ailment as an excuse to look through my mother's spellbook. Very devious." Klaus replies dryly.

"Come on. The grimoire is worthless to you. But with it's power, I could solidify my place in the coven." Genevieve explains.

"No, I'm sorry, love. It's bad enough my mother's power was consecrated with your ancestors. The last thing I need is for you to get a look at an entire book of her dirty, little tricks." Klaus replies adamantly.

"That's unfortunate. Particularly for poor Father Kieran. I guess you'll be the one to tell Cami." Genevieve shrugs with a smile, but Klaus lunges at her. He grabs her into a chokehold and pins her against the table, leaning in close to her face.

"You think you have leverage over me? I will not be manipulated." He hisses.

"Vamisa la visia." Genevieve whispers. Klaus groans in pain, releasing the witch from his grasp.

"And I won't be threatened." She warns. "So, between the two of us, we each know where we stand. As long as we can retain the mutual respect, I don't see a need for any further demonstrations of power. I don't call me again." Genevieve tells him, turning and leaving him.

- Fête Des Bénédictions Festival -

The Feast of Blessings parade begins down Main Street. There is music and hoards of people, tourists look on taking pictures as they join the parade. The witches march down the street. The three remaining Harvest girls are hoisted above the crowd on thrones, each girl dressed in accordance to the festival, representing an element. Monique represents earth with her floral, earthy tones. Abigail sports a white dress, representing air. Davina wears a bright red dress, she is fire.

Genevieve watches on anxiously from the sidelines before turning to one of her fellow witches. "It's time. Klaus will be at the event, which means the compound will be empty. You know what to do." She tells him, before joining the Harvest girls on the stage to greet the crowd.

"Now, in accordance with Fête des Bénédictions, the witches of New Orleans bless you all!" Genevieve declares, the crowd cheers. The red-headed witch steps off the stage as the Harvest girls begin their show.

Monique steps forwards first, using magic she creates a small earthquake. The ground rumbles, shaking beneath them, before subsiding. Abigail is next to step forwards, she raises her arms and creates strong winds that billow around the tourists. Finally, it's Davina's turn. She steps forward, turning around and raising her arm in the direction of a sign that's above her. It immediately ignites with fire, setting off dozens of fireworks above the parade, the crowd cheer once more.

- The Abattoir -

The witch Genevieve sent enters the compound, beginning to search the courtyard for Esther's grimoire. It takes but a moment before he finds the old spellbook on a table and reaches for it, but a voice from above stops him.