ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

➳

Jazz Club, New Orleans, 1919

The local club is alive with music and dancing. Klaus is at the bar with Elijah and Lana; a dark skinned werewolf.

"Well, this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops." Klaus surveys the scene before him, his eyes falling on a group of cops as they toast their drinks. "All happy as clams and drunk as stoats." Klaus smiles. Elijah orders up shots from the bar.

"You gotta love this city." Lana smiles.

"To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition." Elijah says, grabbing one of the drinks he's ordered and raising it.

"To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome, boys." Lana raises her glass too, and the three of them toast to the United future of the supernatural creatures of New Orleans.

"Now, I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen." Klaus smirks.

Lana reaches up to stroke Klaus' face affectionately, fluttering her eyelashes. "Catch you on the dance floor." She leaves, heading into the crowd.

"Who would have thought it possible, the unification of New Orleans?" Elijah says.

Klaus grips his brother's shoulder. "We did it, brother." He smiles.

Elijah, too, puts an arm around his brother and whirls him around so their now facing the dance floor. "Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision?" He moves his arm, gesturing to the scene in front of them. "This was all you."

Present day

"This was all you." Elijah says to Klaus' body. They've returned to the Abattoir and Klaus is now lying, topless, on his bed.

Lunar shoves past Elijah as she arrives in the room, like a tiny brunette hurricane. "Get it out of him." Lunar orders, pointing at Klaus as she looks at Elijah.

Blind fury consumes her and her eyes burn amber. "Now!" Lunar yells, her voice bouncing off the walls. Elijah remains where he is as a blonde human appears in the doorway besides him.

"Why did you call me?" Cami asks, looking at Elijah. "Have you found a way to help my uncle?"

"What the fuck?" Lunar snaps. "You called her."

"Lunar, please, calm down." Elijah tells her with unwavering calm. He turns to Cami now. "I can try, but first, I need your help. My brother has a mystical torture device buried in his chest, so, I can assure you, I have no time to play any games, either."

Lunar watches on in horror, trying to think of a way to regain control of the situation.

"The dagger the witch gave me is inside of him?" Cami asks, looking at Klaus now as Elijah moves forwards rolling up the sleeves of his suit jacket.

"And every second it remains causes Niklaus untold suffering." Elijah replies grimly.

"Who stabbed him?" Cami asks.

"He did!" Lunar snaps, pointing accusingly at Elijah.

Elijah shoots her an icy glare, before looking at Cami again. "Lunar is right, I did, and now I intend to remove it. You might want to step back."

"Why am I here?" Cami asks, she's shocked and confused and Lunar finds herself rolling her eyes at the pathetic human.

"You see, Niklaus will be weak as he recovers. I want you to watch over him and feed him, if you would. But slowly, please, and from your wrist." Elijah says, Cami looks mildly horrified.