ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Lunar reaches forwards for another apple, surveying the array of fruit that has magically popped up in the Abattoir's compound. She looks up at the sound of footsteps, seeing Klaus descending down the stairs to join her.

She smiles at him. "So, which restaurant's missing a compelled chef?" She asks, before kissing him on the lips quickly.

He holds her waist, looking at the spread in front of her. "It's certainly a card I've played in the past, but I had no hand in this.." he gestures to the table now.

Lunar frowns, before shrugging. "Hmm. Well, I guess we have Elijah to thank." She concludes, just as he joins them in the courtyard too.

"That wasn't my doing.." Elijah tells her, confused.

"Then, where did all this come from?" She asks them both with a troubled expression.

The silver platter on the table starts to rattle, startling Lunar. Elijah too looks unnerved, as Klaus slowly lifts the lid off the platter, releasing two starlings that fly up to the sky. The three duck, before starring at each other with puzzled expressions.

"What the hell was that?" Lunar snaps, wide eyed as Klaus reaches to lift a piece of paper from the platter. Inside the envelope the invite reads; Dinner. Your home. 8pm.

"An invitation from our mother." Klaus replies, looking at Elijah with concern.

"Your mother?" Lunar repeats, eyes wide.

——————

Upstairs, Klaus stands on his balcony overlooking the French Quarter, starring at the invitation. Eventually, he turns to head back into his bedroom where Lunar is lying flat on his bed, Hayley stood nearby.

"It's times like this I'm really glad I didn't know my mother." Hayley remarks, whilst Lunar shoots her a glare. Although, she can already tell by the look on her daughter's face she's at least half joking.

"You've inherited Lunar's humour, I see. It's not appreciated right now." Klaus tells her gruffly.

Lunar stifles a laugh, mouthing a sorry to Hayley.

"I don't see why she needs to know, anyway." Nik continues, gesturing to Hayley. They glare at each other and Lunar's almost afraid she might have to break up a fight.

"Chill." She says, moving into a sitting position, her legs swinging over the end of Klaus' bed. "We can trust her."

"You've known her all of five minutes! The Lunar I knew never would've trusted so easily." Klaus retorts, taking his anger out on her now.

"She's my daughter, Nik!" Lunar exclaims.

"Oh, really? Do you have any proof? How do we know she's not lying!" Klaus shouts.

Hayley watches on in horror. "Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't true."

Lunar stands now, moving towards Hayley. "Look, can you go check on the other wolves for me, please? He'll only get worse." She whispers, even though Klaus can still hear her.

Hayley nods, leaving them alone. Lunar turns to look at Klaus now, almost taken aback by how thunderous his expression is. "Don't look at me like that. You're getting on my nerves." Lunar snaps at him.

"Don't complain to me then when she betrays you." Klaus grumbles.

Lunar narrows her eyes. "She's my daughter, for god sake. What do you want me to do, kick her out?"