ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Elijah is standing on the balcony at the Abattoir when Genevieve approaches him from behind.

"Genevieve." Elijah greets dryly.

"I asked around. It's not just your father. The purgatory where supernatural souls are trapped is disintegrating." The witch informs him.

"What do you mean, disintegrating?" Elijah questions with a frown, wanting a further explanation.

Klaus enters the room through the large double doors. "She's right.. more or less. It's actually imploding. I made a call to a rather reluctant Bennett witch in Mystic Falls who said the same thing. The dead are being torn away into nothingness. And, they're not interested in going quietly." He says.

"So, you're saying that our father, faced with permanent extinction, has decided to spend his remaining time tormenting us? How delightful!" Elijah replies, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Well, on the plus side, we'll soon be rid of his abhorrent soul forever. And what a good riddance that will be!" Klaus declares, smiling.

Genevieve sighs. "So, am I in the clear, Elijah? Or is there a new conspiracy you two would like to threaten me over?" She asks them.

"Nothing springs to mind at this precise moment." Elijah remarks back.

"Oh, gee. Thanks." Genevieve shoots back, before turning to leave. She stops in front of Klaus before exiting the room. "I have to get back to the girls. Perhaps tomorrow, after the funeral, you and I could spend some time together? Alone."

"I suppose we'll have to see." Klaus replies, a small grin playing on his lips as he watches Genevieve sigh in annoyance, leaving.

"Please tell me you've designed a stronger method to control the witch than playing hard to get?" Elijah asks Klaus, unimpressed with his brothers methods.

"Well, I've always been partial to the classics." Klaus grins.

"Tell me, how does Lunar feel about your liking of the classics?" Elijah asks, pouring himself a drink as he talks.

"Unlike you, brother, the little wolf understands what needs to be done to secure a deal." Klaus replies. "Frankly, I find her attitude quite admirable."

"Of course you do, Niklaus." Elijah remarks.

- Francesca Correra's house -

Lunar sits on the front steps of Francesca's house, a knife in hand. She scratches it against the stone, etching out a smiley face in the concrete steps as she waits for the human and her bodyguard's to return.

Francesca groans at the site of Lunar, thinking that Genevieve's spell would've put her off. Apparently, the werewolf was quite tenacious.

"Ah, Lunar, come to make more allegations and threats." Francesca says, fake smiling at the brunette.

Lunar looks up at her, standing slowly. "You know, I've been thinking, why would a witch be aligned with you?" She questions, fingering the sharp blade in her hands as she speaks.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Francesca argues, moving up the steps and past Lunar. "Goodnight." She starts to unlock the door.

Lunar rolls her eyes, sauntering up the steps after them, she head butts the lone bodyguard before slamming him into a nearby birdbath; knocking him unconscious. "Three really is a crowd." Lunar says, as Francesca looks at her with shock, before a fake smile falls across the woman's face.