ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛᴇᴇɴ

➳

Lunar sighs, tugging at the rope that Dwayne and Tyler used to tie her to a fire stove inside the shack. She shuts her eyes, yelling out in frustration as the door opens.

"Quiet." He snaps at her, she glares at him.

"Ok, kid, get to it and tell me why the bloody hell I'm here?" Lunar eyes Tyler.

"Apart from Klaus, I'm the only Hybrid left." Tyler begins to explain. Lunar yawns, pretending to be bored.

"Oh, I'm sorry, are you lonely?" She replies, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Tyler looses patience with her, turning around as Dwayne joins them.

"Whatever you think you're doing, you know the Original family has made a pact to keep me and the baby safe. So, if you hurt me, they'll kill you." Lunar says to both men with a shrug.

"What makes you think I'm afraid to die?" Tyler responds.

Lunar makes a face, before rolling her eyes. "How heroic."

Tyler turns his attention to Dwayne. "You ready for this?" He asks the werewolf.

"Let's do it." Dwayne nods as Lunar looks on with raised eyebrows.

Tyler digs into a bag, before pulling out a large syringe. He turns, walking over to Lunar.

"What are you doing?" There's fear evident in her eyes. She tries to kick, but Dwayne holds her down as Tyler bends down in front of the brunette.

"Get away from me!" Lunar yells, feeling helpless.

"Klaus destroyed everything good in my life!" Tyler snaps back. "So, I'm gonna take away the thing he wants most!"

"No. Don't, do that and I'll-" Lunar retorts, but there's no use in her making anymore threats. Tyler jams the syringe into her stomach, causing her to scream out in pain.

He pulls the syringe out, it's now filled with her blood. She watches on in horror as he jams the blood into Dwayne's neck, before snapping the werewolf's neck.

Lunar frowns, her brain working in overdrive before it finally clicks.

"All this so you could make a hybrid?" Lunar questions, as Tyler drags Dwayne's body to a corner of the shack.

"I've been running with wolf packs all over the country. One of them was tight with a witch. She had nightmare visions about your baby and how Klaus could use it's blood to make an army of hybrid slaves." Tyler informs.

"I am sick of witches and their presumptions about my baby!" Lunar snaps, growing angry, her eyes glowing amber for a second. "It's just a baby." Lunar's voice softens for a moment.

"Maybe. Maybe not." Tyler shrugs. "That's where Dwayne comes in. You see, he was happy to be the test case. These people don't have much to live for, but you already knew that, didn't you?" He looks from Dwayne's lifeless body and then at Lunar. "They'd all welcome the chance to become the superior species."

Lunar laughs. "Excuse me? Is that a dig?" She questions.

"You tell me? You seem pretty indifferent to Klaus and his brutality." Tyler shrugs.

"Aye, as oppose to enjoying the company of those who hold me against my will and use my blood for experiments?" Lunar quips back.

Tyler looks at her, before continuing. "Trouble is, all hybrids are sired to Klaus. They follow his every move." He grabs a knife from his bag and sets it on a table. "No way I let that happen."