ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ sɪx

Lunar feels her heart rate quicken. It seems utterly different to be facing Mikael in the land of the living than it did on the other side. She feels exposed. Vulnerable, as she watches Klaus step towards his father now. She's utterly terrified she might loose him.

"You seem rather impatient. Are you so eager to meet your end?" Mikael sneers.

"I'm only eager to stand over your burning corpse again. Only this time, I intend to enjoy it more." Klaus replies.

Mikael steps down the porch steps, approaching them now. "I've travelled all the way back from hell for this moment." He says with a smirk.

Klaus smiles. "Well, then, I'd hate to keep you waiting!"

Lunar watches in silent horror as Klaus lunges for Mikael, the two starting to fight. It's evident, no matter how strong and skilled a fighter Nik is, Mikael has the upper hand.

He kicks Klaus to the ground, and then kicks him again once he's down so he's flat on his back. He grabs Klaus into a chokehold, holding the white oak stake dangerously near his heart, and Lunar cannot watch on anymore.

She speeds over to them, jumping mid air and landing a blow to Mikael's head. Despite being half his strength, the utter surprise of the attack knocks him sideways. He recovers quickly though, glaring at Lunar with a thunderous expression.

"Women fighting your battles Niklaus? You're weaker than I thought!" Mikael laughs maliciously, he lifts a hand and sends Lunar flying with apparent ease.

A yell escapes her lips as she's thrown backwards into the car, amazed at the vampire's strength. Sitting up, Lunar groans as she realises her arm is broken. She clicks it back into place, watching as Nik furiously kicks Mikael backwards.

"Don't you dare ever touch her again!" Klaus yells, and Lunar isn't sure she's ever heard him sound so engulfed with rage ever before in her life.

He stomps on Mikael's hand, the Viking yells as the bones break, before he grabs the stake which is lying on the ground.

Mikael once again recovers quickly, beginning to fight Klaus once more. Once more, he knocks Klaus onto his back and grabs him into a chokehold. Lunar feels a sense of deja-vu washing over her has she realises Mikael has obtained the stake, again.

He tries to stake Klaus in the heart, who is desperately pushing it backwards with every ounce of strength he can find. Horrified, Lunar feels her eyes glowing amber, as Mikael manages to stake Klaus in the shoulder.

She feels a bone click and break in her finger, her claws coming into view. She's ready to let the transform take ahold, to tear Mikael apart, when Klaus produces Papa Tunde's blade and furiously stabs his father with it.

The blade begins to imbed itself into Mikael's chest, as he falls to the ground screaming from pain. Lunar watches on, a sense of relief overcoming her as Klaus removes the stake from his shoulder and instantly heads to Lunar.

Her claws disappear has he comes into view, her eyes returning to normal. He holds her at arms length, checking her over with a concerned expression.

"Are you okay?" He asks, starring into her eyes.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." Lunar nods, although her eyes fill with tears. "I..I thought he was going to kill you." She chokes out.

"I know, little wolf, I know." Klaus pulls her closer to him now, wrapping his arms around her body as he envelopes her into a hug.

Silent tears roll down her face as she buries her head into his shoulder, trying to steady her rapid heartbeat. She feels so safe, stood here in his arms. Yet, Lunar also realises how incredibly vulnerable he has made her. If she lost him, she would die.