ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

Klaus, Elijah and Lunar are all back at the Mikaelson compound. They've gathered in the courtyard, processing the events of the evening and discussing everything they've learnt about Esther's motives and intentions.

"Of course she used those damn birds to make her offer!" Klaus shouts angrily, pacing back and forth.

"Besides the offer of rebirth, what else did she say?" Elijah asks Lunar, ignoring his brother's hysterics.

Lunar shrugs. "I honestly tuned half of it out. She just rambled. Mainly, she blamed the two of you for what happened to Hope.. to me."

Klaus stops pacing and stares at the brunette. "Well, I hope you're not thinking of taking her offer?"

Lunar looks at him, narrowing her eyes. A little offended that he even has to ask. "Of course I'm not." She retorts, shrugging. "I'm actually becoming ok with this version of me."

Klaus looks at her. "Are you sure? Because I need to know our mother won't sway you." He slowly walks towards her now.

Lunar snorts. "The only swaying that'll be happening is her body hanging from that balcony!" Lunar snaps, pointing to the balcony above the courtyard. Klaus laughs now, satisfied.

"What is everyone shouting for?" The voice comes from behind Klaus, and everyone turns to look at the brunette werewolf. Her arms are folded across her chest as she looks at them.

"We've had a minor setback." Lunar informs her daughter, to which Elijah raises his eyebrows at her. "Ok, quite a big setback."

"What can I do to help?" The young girl asks, she is every inch the determined, fiery, woman her mother is. Lunar sighs, stepping towards Hayley now.

"I think it's best you step this one out, Hayley." She tells her daughter, earning herself a look that could kill.

"I'm not a fragile little girl. I've had to fend for myself for a long time." Hayley shoots back.

"Oh god, it's like listening to Lunar's bloody echo." Klaus mutters sarcastically.

"Shut up!" Lunar snaps, spinning around to angrily point at Klaus. "Okay, look, let's go upstairs and talk about this." She concedes, pulling Hayley away from the two brothers who resume their discussion about Esther.

"Our mother, Elijah, the woman who brought us into the world, made us what we are, and the whole time, she lied to me!" Klaus turns to his brother now once Lunar and Hayley are gone. "She made me weak."

"You were never weak, Niklaus. You are - you have always been - the most fierce of us all. In a thousand years, I have never seen anyone successfully stand against you. Not even our wicked father. Not one of the countless enemies devoted to your destruction. You'll protect our home, even in the face of an adversary such as our mother, because that brother.. that is what you do." Elijah tells Klaus firmly, his face tinged with sadness that his brother could ever think himself weak.

Klaus grips his brother's shoulder in a show of thanks, grateful for the words. "You remain ever the wise counsel, brother. The rest of the family could learn something from you."

Elijah is left feeling shocked at Niklaus' show of kindness, as he watches his brother exit the courtyard.

Upstairs, Lunar is stood against the doors that lead to her balcony, her daughter sat on the edge of her bed.

"I want to help." Hayley is saying. "I'm here, shacked up in your mansion with a bunch of vampires, and I'm doing nothing."

"Ok, firstly, it's not my mansion." Lunar tells her. "Secondly, your welcome to leave, if that's what you want. I can't say I advise it though."