ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

➳

Klaus enters one of the rooms in the Abattoir, he finds Marcel sat at a table alone; drinking.

"Ugh, is this what it's come to? I bear the full weight of our kingdom while you pout like a child." Klaus remarks, eyeing Marcel.

"You wanted to be king. Besides, you look like you got it covered." Marcel shoots back.

"If the men see you shirk your duties, they're likely to do the same." Klaus says.

"I told you, I am not in the mood for vampire hijinks." Marcel's voice is cold as he continues to drink his Bourbon.

"No. You'd rather sit wallowing in sorrow for your lost little friend." Klaus all but rolls his eyes.

Marcel pushes back his chair, standing up and approaching Klaus. "Don't push me right now." He snaps, pointing a finger at his sire.

"I am sorry Davina is gone, ok? I'm sorry, but this mournful attitude is unworthy of you, and it's boring me." Klaus shrugs.

Before Marcel can respond Diego is entering the room, his face filled with worry.

"Hey guys, we got a problem." He tells them.

Diego leads them both to the Cauldron, thunder rumbling overhead as they venture out into the French Quarter.

"We came to mess with the witches, just like you said." Diego explains, standing in front of two bodies. "And these two, they went missing. Found them like this, not even staked. Just dead."

"That's two more of my guys gone. Nice job, Captain." Marcel sneers at Klaus, annoyed.

Marcel steps forwards now to get a better look at the two dead vampires. They've both got markings carved into their faces. He lifts up the hood of his jacket, turning and beginning to leave without saying a word.

"Where are you going? Someone has to account for this!" Klaus snaps, watching as Marcel goes to leave.

He stops, turning to look at Marcel and Diego. "You want revenge, get it yourself. That mark is tied to some bad mojo. Any of y'all got any brains, you'll head back to the compound and stay the hell out of this." Marcel warns, before leaving.

Klaus is furious as he turns to Diego. "We're gonna find whoever did this, and I will show them what suffering is."

—————

Lunar is sat on the edge of the fountain in the Abattoir's courtyard. She's been informed as to what happened with the witches, and is now listening on as Klaus, Elijah and a group of his men discuss how best to proceed.

"Someone will die for this." Klaus declares.

"Remarkably, I don't disagree. However, I would like to know where they learned such dark magic." Elijah replies.

"I had hoped never to see that symbol again. I recall it is the signature of a fool who once stood against us." Klaus says, recalling the Mayor's head being delivered to him in a box from Papa Tunde in 1919, bearing the same symbol on his forehead.

"Clearly, some upstart witch is salvaging old tricks." Elijah says.

"I'll do for him as I did the other." Klaus states, before turning to Diego. "Diego, when night falls, I want you to gather every vampire in the Quarter. Get me the head of whoever did this and put it on a stick."

"Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. Everyone is freaked out, man. We haven't had witches killing vampires in a long time. Marcel made sure of that." Diego tells Klaus.