ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ fᴏʀᴛʏ

The ceremony is wrapped up, most of the guests besides the Crescent wolves closest to Lunar have left the compound, no doubt to continue the celebrations elsewhere on Bourbon Street

Lunar smiles, she is sat on the sofa besides Klaus, legs sprawled across him. She has changed out of her wedding gown, opting for a comfier pair of leggings and a loose flowing black t-shirt.

She watches as Nik talks to Elijah, who is wondering the room with a glass of bourbon. The pair are joyous. Lunar's heart rate quickens a second, as she watches her husband laugh. His whole face lights up, she feels like she might explode.

There is a commotion from the doorway which draws Lunar from her thoughts. She turns her head slightly to see her daughter, tipsy and still in her dress, stumble into the room.

Hayley has a bottle of champagne in her hands, and she pops the cork now, the fizz flowing over the top. "To Lunar and Klaus." She exclaims, raising the bottle to the sky before taking a swig.

Lunar giggles, swivelling her legs off Klaus and standing up. She opens a nearby cupboard, producing two champagne glasses.

Hayley fills the glasses, whilst Lunar sits back down. "It was a lovely ceremony." Elijah tells them, raising his own glass. Lunar smiles, taking a glass of champagne and clinking it with Elijah's.

"Thank you." She smiles. "It was." She looks at Klaus, wistfully almost. She's afraid she may wake up, and this has all just been some crazy, wonderful, dream.

Then, Elijah speaks again. "With the wolves united, Hope is safe. Everything is exactly as you intended." Lunar looks up at him, furrowing her eyebrows, she senses there is something more to this speech.

She feels Klaus' hand rest upon her thigh, relaxing her a little. "And, in the interest of maintaining the peace, I have decided to join Marcel in Algiers. I believe with the correct instruction and guidance, this community may well prosper."

"You're leaving?" Lunar has opened her mouth to speak, but it's not her words that leave them. She looks up, seeing Hayley shaking her head.

He nods in response. "Your mother and my brother are married now, they deserve to call this place their home."

Sighing, Lunar stands up. "This is your home, Elijah." She retorts. "And it's plenty big enough to house us all." She almost snorts.

"In my long, long life, I've called many places home, Lunar." Elijah replies matter of fact.

Lunar looks toward Klaus for guidance now. "Elijah's right." The words stun her. "His place is with the vampires, we will remain here with your wolves."