ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

➳

Elijah paces around the Abattoir courtyard, surveying the injured and dead vampires strewn around him.

"Are we done?" He asks them, nonchalantly, somewhat bored.

Francesca enters the room, cocky as ever. "Well, nice job! Saved me the trouble of killing all these vampires myself!" She grins.

Elijah looks at her, confused, but before he can ask questions he is overwhelmed by two of Francesca's brothers; they viciously bite Elijah on the neck before dropping him to the ground. Diego watches on in horror, realising what Francesca and her family are, and that they've acquired the moonlight rings.

"Run!" Diego shouts to any of the vampires that are still alive.

"Kill as many of them as you can." Francesca commands her brothers.

The werewolves rush forwards, attacking the vampires who've not been lucky enough to heed Diego's warnings. Before Diego himself can get away, the wolves grab ahold of him, biting into his neck.

- Rousseau's -

Klaus stumbles into the restaurant. A man is mopping the floor. "I'm sorry mate, but I'm a bit famished." Klaus says, groggy and weak, he bites into the man's neck and feeds on him. But, the slice on his hand is still bleeding.

Genevieve enters the restaurant now, starting to laugh as she takes in the sight of Klaus. "You look awful." She tells him, smugly.

"Why aren't I healing? What have you done to me?" Klaus questions angrily.

The witch approaches him now. "Well, you're the one who wanted me to cast the spell. So, I made your stones.. by linking their power to your blood. And now, each full moon, whenever a werewolf uses their power to keep from turning, they'll be drawing from your strength! And, causing you pain." She explains.

"After all I offered you, you will betray me?" Klaus retorts, groaning in pain, he slumps to the restaurant floor.

Genevieve kneels down so she's level with him now. "Look me in the eyes, Nik. Were you ever planning to give me your mother's grimoire? Did you care about me, even for a moment?" She questions.

Klaus glares at her, before a malicious laugh escapes his lips. "Of course I didn't. If you thought I did, you're quite deluded."

Genevieve stands now, looking down at him. "Francesca kept her end of the deal. There is, after all, honour among thieves, even if they are werewolves. And as for you? The great irony is, in wanting to take the city, you lost everything." Klaus pulls himself to his feet now as the witch continues to talk.

"Your sister Rebekah, your adopted son Marcel, and now, even your child and her mother, your precious Lunar, will suffer, all because of your greed." Genevieve says maliciously.

Klaus lunges at her, but it's no use. He's too weak, his body falls to the ground with a thud. "I will kill you." He threatens her.

"As weak as you are? Doubtful." Genevieve almost laughs. She throws out a hand, using a pain inflicting spell on him until he passes out.

- The Bayou -

Oliver has just returned to his human form, he makes his way through the wreckage from the explosion. Francesca is waiting for him with the moonlight ring.

"It's done." She holds out the ring. "A deal's a deal."

"You said the bombing was gonna be minor. No casualties. All I wanted to do was rally the Crescents against the vampires." Oliver tells her.