ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sɪx

➳

Lunar is sat on the edge of Klaus' bed, watching as he pours himself a drink. He steps towards her, leaning over her shoulder.

"Have you been riffling through my paintings?" He whispers into her ear. She's holding a small painting; one of a full moon surrounded by shadows and leave-less trees.

Lunar smiles. "Sorry." She places it aside, turning to face him.

"Keep it." Klaus tells her, a small lob-sided smile spreads across his face and Lunar finds herself instantly melting. Being here, with him, is almost enough to make her forget the impending war the witches are about to rage on the Mikaelson's. Her family.

"What you said, downstairs, do you really think that what the witches are planning is all to rage war against you, against us?" Lunar finds herself asking.

"Yes, I do, love." Klaus nods.

She sighs. "I've spent all this time protecting the witches, fighting to keep them alive; for my own gain." Lunar shrugs, pushing herself onto her feet and walking to stand in front of Klaus.

"And, you know what I realised yesterday?" She smiles as she looks up at him, a hand reaching up and caressing his face. "My family isn't in the Bayou. It's right here, in front of me, inside of me." Her hand moves to her bump, Klaus' gaze falls for a second and he too, reaches out.

The baby kicks and Klaus gingerly pulls away, a look of shock and pure joy etching across his face as his eyes land on Lunar's.

"So, if we have to kill every single witch in the world to save the Mikaelson's, then that is what we'll do." Lunar smiles, she exudes confidence.

"You would really risk never getting your family back?" Klaus asks, unable to keep the surprise out of his voice.

Lunar nods. "Yes, because I have never felt more at home than when I am with you and your crazy, dysfunctional family. Besides, this baby is going to be a Mikaelson, and she says it's time to fight."

Klaus smiles, pulling her closer to him. "Yes it is, little wolf." He kisses her, his hands becoming entangled in her long brunette hair.

"Niklaus, is now really the time?" Lunar hastily pulls away, turning to see Elijah stood in the doorway.

"There's no time like the present, brother." Klaus tells him, smirking, although annoyed at being interrupted.

"Marcel has just informed me that he saw, who he thought to be, Genevieve at church today." Elijah says.

"What?" Klaus steps forwards, this is news to him.

"Who's Genevieve?" Lunar asks, stepping forwards.

"She's a witch we knew." Klaus tells her briefly, glancing at Lunar quickly. "In 1919."

Lunar sighs, all but rolling her eyes. "Ok, where will we find the bitch- I mean witch." Lunar laughs, more than she probably should.

"You're going to the plantation house with me." Rebekah steps forwards now.

Lunar frowns. "Excuse me? I'm not going anywhere with you!" She snaps.

"Did I miss something?" Klaus narrows his eyes, looking from his sister to Lunar and then back again.

"No!" Both Rebekah and Lunar snap at the same time, turning to look at Klaus. He raises his eyebrows, looking at Elijah.

"I think we'd all feel more at ease if you were to go to the plantation house, Lunar. Right, Niklaus?" Elijah says, looking at his brother.

Klaus thinks for a moment. Whilst he still feels ill at ease with his siblings, he knows Lunar isn't going to be safe here, and she is far too precious to put at risk for his own pride.