ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

"She's gone." Elijah informs Klaus, looking at Cassie's face. The teenage girl is clearly no longer their mother.

Elijah moves to attack Finn now, but he uses the advantage of his new witches body, throwing Elijah over the table and into one of the compound's walls with a spell.

Klaus races forwards at speed now, grabbing ahold of Finn. "Where is she?" He shouts.

Finn lifts his index finger, blowing on it and rubbing it against his thumb, using the same spell he used on Oliver earlier in the day. Klaus falls to the floor from the pain infliction spell, whilst Finn readjusts his jacket, frantically looking around the dinning room.

- Lenore's shop -

Lunar watches on as Lenore continues the spell. She finishes, falling forwards against the cauldron, just about regaining her balance.

Lunar frowns, watching as Lenore scans the room, eyebrows furrowing together with confusion.

"Are you okay?" Lunar asks.

"Yes." Lenore says, but she still looks and sounds confused.

"You sure?" The brunette questions, watching as Lenore straightens now.

"Just getting my bearings.." Lenore replies.

Lunar notices a brand on the back of the witch's hand now, she peers forwards, it's in the shape of a triskelion. Taking an involuntary step backwards, Lunar steadies her breathing.

"The mark.." Lunar breathes out the words, causing the witch to look down at her hand now, too. "It's you, isn't it? Esther." She glares now, watching as Esther smirks at her.

- The Abattoir -

Klaus and Elijah have recovered from Finn's attack, although their brother has fled the scene, leaving the poor Harvest girl behind

"Where's our mother?" Klaus yells furiously at Cassie.

"Where am I? What's happening?" She replies, looking around, terrified.

Klaus looses his temper now, grabbing Cassie into a chokehold. She gasps for air, struggling against the hybrid's strong grip.

"Leave her." Elijah says, stepping in now. "She's a puppet. Niklaus, look at her! She has absolutely no idea."

Reluctantly, Klaus let's go of Cassie, and the teenager desperately gulps air into her lungs. Once she's caught her breath, she stares at the brothers with confusion. "What are you talking about? Who are you?" She asks.

"Shut up! Stop talking right now." Klaus shouts, voice stern and cold.

Cassie gulps nervously, doing as he says. Elijah places a comforting hand on Klaus' shoulder, before Klaus begins to pace back and forth.

"Our mother orchestrated this entire evening just to torture us, and then simply vanishes." He says, before walking back to Cassie and looking the terrified girl in the eye. "Why?" He asks her.

Elijah looks horrified, as something comes to mind. "What if we are not the only minds she was hoping to poison tonight?"

- Lenore's shop -

Esther is washing the snake's blood off her hands as Lunar's phone starts to ring. She pulls it from her pocket, checking the caller ID and seeing it's Klaus.

"Go ahead. You can answer it." Esther tells her, seeing her starring at the screen.

Lunar glares at her, biting her tongue and refraining from making a sarcastic remark. She answers the phone, putting it to her ear. "Klaus? I'm at Lenore's shop-" she starts to say.