Chapter 2

Jennie's POV

"Good morning, Ma'am."

"Good morning, Ms. Kim."

"Good day to you, Ms. CEO."

The employees one by one greeted me with warmth and bright smiles although some of those are fake, I guess.

I greeted them with fake small smiles and a nod.

I entered my private elevator and pressed the button of my office floor which is the top.

"So... bored already?" A voice inside my head says with an amused tone.

"Dumbass, of course. Even if I'm not here the company would still be fine. All the paperworks and stuff gets delivered to my home office anyways." I complained with a high-pitch voice that probably broke her eardrums.

"Yeah... you've successfully broke my ears." She says with an unamused tone.

"I am honored to have finally made you deaf." I coldly said with a small smirk of my own.

"How sweet of you to say that, Jennie." I could see her making a very sarcastic smile.

"Whatever. I'll be off now." And by that I opened my eyes and got off the elevator.

"G-good morning, Ms. Kim." She says with a hint of blush on her cheeks. "And also, w-welcome b-back." She stutters out with her cheeks getting redder.

"Um... yeah morning. Anyways, please do tell me what I shall do today." I demanded with a soft tone.

I couldn't really raise my voice after all the argument I had this morning and from the elevator.

"O-of course. Um... h-here." She shakily handed me my schedule today and I took it with a tiny smile on my lips.

She hastily made her way to the bathroom behind her and I was left there with a confused look.

What is wrong with her?

I shook it off and proceeded to my office which was untouched for these past few days.

I sat down to my comfy office chair and exhaled a long breath.

"Um... M-Ms. Kim..?" I heard my secretary's anticipating voice in my wireless earpiece.

"Yes?" I answered lazily although she didn't notice.

"Ms. Park and Manoban are her to visit you. Should I let them in?" She asks.

Is that even a question?

"Let them in." I said and my office door immediately opened revealing my best friends who were teary-eyed.

"Unnie!!" They rushed onto me and pulled me in a very bone-crushing hug.

"Um... h-hey." I greeted them and they tightened the hug even more. "G-guys... y-your gonna k-kill me i-if you tighten y-your embrace e-even more." I chocked out and gasped for air when they finally released me.

"Oh my god... we are so so sorry, Unnie. We just missed you so much." Chae quickly apologizes and smiles sweetly.

"We're glad you finally went out." Lisa heaves a sigh and smiled warmly at me.

"I'm not that glad though. It's hella boring here." I grumbled and they laughed.

"So? Do you wanna hang out for awhile? The company seems fine without you around. Maybe you could go for a little outdoor fun?" Lisa suggests with a bright smile and anticipation.

"I'm pretty sure she'll be busy after all this, babe. Maybe next time." Chae says while nudging Lisa a little and I hastily shook my head.

"It's fine!" I exclaimed almost immediately.

They looked at me with amusement in their eyes and smile and I immediately faked a cough.

"I mean, it's fine really." I shrugged and wore my coat on even before they could tease me.

"Let's go then!" Lisa fist pumped the air making Chae giggle and me smile a little.

As soon as we got out, my secretary jolted up from her seat and bowed.

"Wh-where are you going, Ma'am?" She asks curiously which I questioned in my head.

What's her business with my business?

Lisa spoke up for me considering that I was silent.

"It's clearly not your business, Chahee. So please do mind your own." Lisa faked a smile and I couldn't help but mentally smile at her actions.

Chahee furrowed her brows and sarcastically smiled at Lisa.

"O-of course. Although, Ms. Kim has a busy schedule, Ms. Manoban. She can't leave her duties forever like last time." She retorts and that made me, Lisa, and Chaeyoung gasp.

"Are you calling Jennie Unnie lazy?! Why you little-." Chaeyoung raises her voice and fist in the air.

Chahee covered her head and I only stood there in amusement.

"Woah there, Chaengie..." Lisa calmed her down and she un-raised her fist but was still glaring at Chahee.

"I was only stating a fact, Ms. Park." Chahee defends herself with an eye roll and that actually angered me.

How dare she talk to Chaeyoungie in such a disgusting manner and call me lazy.

Like what the fuck, man?!

"Chahee." I called her out coldly and she looked at me immediately with fear in her eyes. "Your fired." I said and her eyes widened at my statement.

"What?!" She raised her voice at me and I intimidatingly looked at her with cold eyes making her yelp.

"Don't make me repeat it." I gritted my teeth and her lips quivered in fear.

"Y-yes, Ma'am." She finally bows and leaves.

I heaved a sigh of relief and the maknaes too.

"Nice going, Unnie." Lisa pats my shoulder.

"She was useless anyways." I shrugged.

"But, who'll be your secretary now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Let's discuss that later and hang out today!" Lisa cheerily says.

And by that, we left the company.

...