Chapter 40

Jennie's POV

I woke up in the middle of the trip and noticed that Jisoo was at the seat beside me. She was sleeping soundly and snoring lightly. I didn't want to wake her up so I slowly got up and sat on the seat.

She groaned when I shifted to make myself comfortable which made me gulp. But looking back at her, she was still asleep. I sighed in relief.

I moved towards the driver's seat and saw Chu also sleeping like a baby. She didn't notice I guess but she was now on her kid form. The first form she showed all of us.

I guess the van's in auto drive.

"Unnie?"

"Oh shi-." I covered my mouth when I was about to shout, praising myself for not shouting at all. I faced the person and saw that it was Chaeyoung, still rubbing her eyes sleepily. I steadied my breathing and smiled at her.

"Yeah?"

"What happened after the explosion we heard?"

"Oh, I'm gonna explain it to you but it's kinda long."

"Don't worry, I'll listen."

"Suit yourself."

I explained everything. The explanation was so detailed, Chaeyoung's orders, that my throat dried up.

"Is that all?" She asked for confirmation and I nodded while slumping down on my seat, trying to catch my breath.

But then suddenly the van stopped abruptly making all of us like everyone of us in the van go flying forward. The sleeping idiots woke up and said words that I couldn't quite understand. They were positioned like boxers ready to fight. They actually looked really funny.

"Well, aren't all of you looking like ray of sunshines." I beamed at them then turned my expression into a serious one. "Get up, we're here."

"What on earth..?" Jisoo finally spoke while rubbing her head which hit on the seat in front of her.

"Chaengie..." Lisa hugged Chaeyoung who was beside her and nuzzled her head on the crook of Chaeyoung's neck. The latter smiled and caressed her lover's face.

"I should ruin this vehicle. Its quality is like shit." Chu punched the steering wheel and the car honked loudly. We covered our ears trying to protect our ears from being damaged. "Yup, I'm breaking this thing." She said with finality. I shook my head and opened the door of the van.

The amazing landscape, the animals making their respective sounds, and the undeniably beautiful sensation when I get here. It doesn't change at all. I inhaled a long breath to savor the scent of the countryside. This is what my parents wanted for a life and not business and such. And of course they're living it now passing the burden to their child.

"Oh? Jennie dear!" My mother ran to me with a big smile on her face when she got out of the house. Her shocked expression not leaving her facial features.

I opened my arms for her to hug me but what I didn't expect was that she'll ignore me and hug Jisoo and the others behind me who were busy unloading the van. She even hugged Soojoo who she just met. I'm surprised she didn't react why we're so many.

I cleared my throat to gain their attention especially my mother's when they were laughing heartily like I wasn't there.

"I didn't notice you there, dear." My mother hugged me tight and long before smacking my shoulder hard. All of them stifled a laugh except for Jisoo who was either amused or worried. "How come you only visited now? You haven't visited for months!"

"I visited two months ago so stop overreacting, Mom." I shook my head lightly when she glared at me. Now I know why people tell me my parents are scary.

"Anyways, please do come inside. All of you look so tired and messed up for some reason especially you two." She pointed to Jisoo and Soojoo who only smiled sheepishly.

I'm glad she didn't question about Jisoo yet. I've been making up excuses on why Jisoo wasn't with me when I was visiting them. They say she's doing her job really bad as my guardian but, of course, I tell them that it's fine and she's busy. But in truth, she was dead or faked her death.

We entered the house and everyone immediately made themselves comfortable. The house wasn't that big like the mansion that they owned which I sold because I live in Jisoo's house. Yes, I now admit that it's hers. It was cozy and fit for retired people like them. But big nonetheless.

"Ladies, the house only has 5 rooms and one is occupied by my husband, who is now at the farmhouse feeding the animals, and I. The other one by Jennie. Someone has to share with her. All of you have to sleep in pairs. I'll be in the kitchen preparing lunch." My Mom told us then left and all of us looked at each other.

Well, obviously the couples wouldn't mind. But what about me, Jisoo, Chu and Soojoo?

"Um... I'm sleeping on the couch." Jisoo raised her hand and Chu plus Soojoo laughed at that.

"You? Sleep in the couch? Funny. I've never even seen you sleep on a common hotel room. You always reserve the VIP suite and now your telling me this?" Soojoo laughed even harder and Jisoo's piercing glare was ignored.

"I'm fine sleeping on the same room as Soojoo. I've seen her grow without her knowing and she sleeps like a beast so I can handle it." Chu grabbed Soojoo by the back collar of the agent's shirt then dragged her to a room with their things.

When did Seulrene and Soojoo pack?

"Chu told them. "The more, the merrier," she said." Jisoo whispered into my ear making me giggle.

"That's different coming from Chu."

"I know right."

The couples went to their rooms and unpacked leaving me and Jisoo at the living room.

"C'mon, my room is on the second floor." I grabbed her hand and she intertwined it with a goofy grin on her face.

Smooth dumbass.

"We're here." I said when we were in front of my room. I didn't waste time and entered the room, dragging her with me.

My room wasn't that big but comfy enough for me. I flopped myself on the bed while she made herself comfortable on the black beanie beside my study table. We spent a few minutes in silence and only the AC's vibrating sounds were heard across the room.

"You okay with sleeping with me?" She broke the silence and her question had an uneasy ring to it.

"Why does it feel like I should be the one asking that?" I chuckled and her too before sighing. "I'm fine sleeping with you, Chichi."

I saw her blush when the nickname was mentioned. I laughed mentally at how cute she was being right now.

"Whatever you say then. But don't blame me when you wake up being in my embrace. I can't help myself sometimes but to either spoon you or kiss you. Maybe both."

It was now my turn to blush. Hearing words like that from her made my heart flutter. So I cleared my throat to ease myself. I heard her chuckle lightly before smiling at me. I smiled back.

I can't help myself either too, Jisoo.

...