Chapter 29

Jisoo's POV

"S-Sooya... i-it's really you..." Irene Unnie started crying right after she called me. I panicked of course. I've never seen her cry before. Well, besides when I 'died'.

"I-is this a p-prank you two b-because if i-it is, I swear I-I'll ward you t-two with the best p-pranksters i-in the world. Y-You got u-us good." Seulgi said in between sobs while pointing at Chaeyoung and Lisa. They're such drama queens.

"It's real, Seulgs. Gosh... you two stop crying. It doesn't suit the two of you." I made them stand up before hugging them. "Especially you, Unnie."

I heard Irene chuckle before hitting my back. "You fake brat."

"I'd take that as a compliment." I beamed at her when we pulled away and she only scoffed out a breath.

I gently wiped their tears and gave them them napkins right after.

"Wipe your noses. You placed snot all over my shirt." I acted as if I was wiping something from my shirt but, of course, there isn't any in my clothes.

They blew their noses and wiped their tears more properly. I just stared at my older cousin until she caught me.

"What?" She asked with a giggle.

"You look beautiful even if your crying, Rene." She blushed slightly at the compliment earning a smack in the head from her wife. "Ow!"

"Stop flirting with your cousin, Kim. She's married already." Seulgi started messing my hair up although I didn't mind. I missed them.

"Yeah yeah." I fixed my hair before letting them sit down on the table.

Just in time, the food arrived and we caught up with stuff I missed and so on.

"So... does Jennie know?" Irene started when we were finished eating. I hummed in response while looking down on my lap.

"What was her reaction?" Seulgi added.

"It was... um... not the greeting I was expecting." I scratched my head making them laugh.

"Interesting. She always talks about that K lady whenever she has some news to bring." Seulgi laughed and I nervously laughed as well.

I forgot to tell them about that...

"Um..." I was about to tell them when my phone rang.

I excused myself and answered the phone.

Jisoo: Hello?

Jennie: When are you coming here?

Jisoo: Oh! Hey, Kim! I'm still with ChaeLisa and SeulRene.

Jennie: Oh really? What were their reactions when they saw you?

Jisoo: The opposite of yours.

The other line stayed silent and I already knew I messed up. I quickly thought of lines to say.

Jisoo: I mean-.

Jennie: It's fine. Continue what you were doing with the others. I'll wait here.

When she was just about to end the call, I spoke again.

Jisoo: Do you want to come here?

Jennie: Nah. I'll-.

Jisoo: I'll come fetch you in a few.

I then ended the call. She must be angry right now. I quickly got inside the restaurant and grabbed my coat.

"Where you going?" Irene asked while chewing on her strawberry short cake.