Chapter 12

Jennie's POV

"I can't sleep!! Damn it!" I screamed in the middle of the night and I'm sure that the neighbors heard it and probably that bossy demon.

I closed my eyes for the hundredth time tonight and still cannot sleep.

I grumbled and went to the kitchen to get a midnight snack.

As soon as I went out of my room, Chu suddenly appeared and hit my head hard.

"The hell was that for?!"

"The hell's wrong with you?! Is it normal for humans to shout in the middle of the night now?!" She retorts with fumes coming out of her ears and nose.

Although, I could say that she's tired by the way she scolds me.

I mentally laughed.

"What the hell are you laughing for?" Chu asks with a very annoyed tone.

"Um... n-nothing..." I shrugged.

She scoffs and went back to her room.

I decided to not get midnight snack and went back to bed.

I didn't know what to do so... I checked out my phone photos.

I haven't opened my photos for quite awhile.

While scrolling through the photos of me and Jisoo and basically some with my other friends, I came across a photo of Jisoo wearing a mask.

Who does she look so similar to? I feel like I've seen...

And then I realized...

... I'm going crazy.

"Yes, you are. Sleep already Jennie." Chu suddenly says inside my head.

I chuckled and closed my eyes once again but this time I fell asleep.

...

What an early morning...

"That's right! And you better change before I kick you out of your bed." Chu pulls the covers, that I have been trying to pull away from her for awhile now, away from my shivering body.

"Alright! Damn this early morning schedule." I mumbled and slammed the bathroom door.

I did what I had to do and so on and so forth.

I went downstairs and was surprised to see Lisa and Chaeyoung here.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked immediately while eating a pancake that Chu made.

"We're here to meet your new secretary and somehow interview her to be your ideal secretary not like that bitch Chahee." Lisa explains between chews.

"You guys didn't have to." I told them and they shrugged.

"We only want what's best for you." Chaeyoung says while rubbing the top of my hand.

I gave her a simple nod of gratitude and she beamed at me.

"You guys better go now. Or else that new secretary of yours would be too bored to even work for you." Chu shoos us away and Chaeyoung stealthily sneaks a whole plate of cheesecake on her purse.

How did that fit? And why on her purse?

Once I got out of the house, my car and Lisa's car were already there.

Chu waved us goodbye and we did too.

And finally, we drove off...

...

When we were driving, Chaeyoung decided to pass somewhere to meet someone and of course Lisa and I agreed.

"Um... where exactly is this place?" I asked through the earpiece while observing the forest before us.

"Oh! We're here!" Chaeyoung suddenly shouts through the earpiece and I unintentionally cursed.

I don't know if I heard it clearly but Lisa laughed. She fucking laughed.

"Lisa stop!" Chaeyoung scolds her and she stops laughing but she's still snickering.

"Let's just get going..."

I got out of the car and they did too.

Lisa and I followed Chae.

I have no idea where the hell we are right now but at least Chae's the one guiding us.

"Stay right here." She signals us to stop and we did.

"What's going on, Rosie?" Lisa asks in a curious and excited tone.

Chaeyoung walked away from us and we leaned on a nearby tree.

"We're in the middle of nowhere. Where does Chaeyoung think she's going?" I asked with a scrunched nose.

"Just cool down, Unnie. He'll be here any minute now."

He?

I looked at Lisa and as expected, her face turned into an unreadable expression.

I chuckled mentally.

"Here he is now!" Chaeyoung points to the walking figure that's appearing.

Who on earth..?

I stood frozen in place when I figured out who it is.

"Bobby?!"