Chapter 7

Jennie's POV

Just when I was at the verge of sleeping is when the doorbell rang loudly.

I groaned in annoyance when Chu stopped playing with my hair.

"We should at least open the door, kid." She chuckled and slowly made me sit up.

I crossed my arms and acted like a typical spoiled brat who didn't get what she wanted.

Chu shook her head and heaved a sigh before messing my hair up.

I whined and she laughs.

She went towards the entrance of the house and I followed her from behind.

She almost opened the door when someone interrupted.

"Yo Kim Chu! Who's at the door?!" Irene shouts from the kitchen.

They're still not done?

"We were just finding out before you interrupted." I huffed.

Seulgi and Irene came to the living room with a little swollen lips and messy hair.

Irene was side hugging Seulgi and the bear was having trouble with walking but didn't mind.

They're so whipped.

"Open the door already. Your making those people wait too long." Seulgi orders and Chu immediately opened the door.

I don't know if it's just me or the people outside of the door were shining brightly like stars.

Even if they were wearing black tuxes they still look extremely... I have no words to describe.

"Soojoo?!" Seulgi pushed me and Chu to the side to actually make sure that she was seeing correctly.

"Hi... Seulgs." Soojoo chuckled nervously because Seulgi was looking at her so intensely.

Seulgi shockingly slapped her like literally.

All of us, like I mean all of us who weren't Seulgi and Soojoo, stifled a laugh.

"Where the hell were you all this time?! It's been years, you dumbass!!" Seulgi shook her like there was no tomorrow.

"Bae... your gonna make her head fall off if you don't stop." Irene tapped Seulgi's shoulder but the latter didn't even look at her and kept on doing what she was doing.

I could see that Soojoo was somehow going to faint.

Does she have motion sickness?

Finally, Agent K shoved Seulgi away lightly and embraced Soojoo protectively.

"Calm yourself, Ms. Kang. I think you already know that Soojoo has motion sickness." She says calmly while patting Soojoo's back.

The latter smiled reassuringly and her eyes were somehow giving this teasing vibe to K.

K flicked her forehead and proceeded to the bathroom.

She didn't even need help on finding it which was weird. Unless... they did place CCTVs here.

And not just any bathroom, it was wear Jisoo would always go at.

Did I warn them that it's restricted?

"Anyways... Seulgi very nice to see you again and for that extravagant greeting." Soojoo says with bright smile and Seulgi sheepishly smiled.

"No 'Hi' for me? What's with people not appreciating my existence today?" Irene pouts and furrows her brows while they laughed and I shook my head.

"Did you guys have lunch? I mean, Irene said dinner to come here but you got here earlier and I didn't have the chance to get ready..." I stopped for a second to breathe. "...and y'know." I shrugged and finished.

They shook their heads especially Irene who shook her head aggressively.

"I'll be cooking while you guys just chill there."

I then went to the kitchen.

...

While I was cutting the meat for the Kimchi fried rice, I accidentally cut my ring finger.

"Shit." I looked at my hand and saw a deep and long cut. I sucked it and ignored the pain.

"Y'know Ms. Kim, you should aid that finger." Someone whispered behind me and I quickly turned around to see who it was.

"K..." I trailed off as I examined her.

"I'll finish the cutting and after you bandage that finger of yours, you could finish it up." She suggested and I sighed in defeat.

I nodded and she pushed me towards my room which was upstairs by the way.

How the hell did she know where my room was?

"I'll be in the kitchen, Ms. Kim." She says before closing the door.

I stared at the door for who knows how long and was only snapped back when my finger hurt like hell.

I searched for the medical kit and readied the supplies.

I hesitantly took my ring off, the ring that held my promise.

I heaved a sad sigh and took it off.

Jisoo's mark was still there and will forever be there.

"Jisoo..."

I miss you.

...

After I aided my hand, I went downstairs and to the kitchen to see K cooking the food already.

It was like that one time that Jisoo was cooking at my mother's café.

They're so similar yet they're not the same at all.

I then felt an excruciating pain in my marked finger.

What the hell is happening?!

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from whimpering.

"Ms. Kim?" Agent K asks in worry as she stops from cooking.

I looked at her with one closed eye and a bloody lip.

Did I bite my lip that much?

"Ms. Kim!" She hastily went to me and wiped my lower lip.

I heard her curse while searching for first aid kit.

"Agent K, it's fine." I reassured her and she shook her head vigorously.

"It is not fine! Your hurt and I would kill myself if you ever get hurt!" She retorts and I backed away a little from her.

Why? Why is she so worried?

...