Chapter 35

Jisoo's POV

A few days later...

I entered Jennie's room as quietly as I could and I swear my poor heart always swoons whenever I see her sleeping soundly. She makes the cutest face known to man every time she sleeps.

"I'm not cute..." She whined with eyes closed. Her eyebrows meeting, indicating she's annoyed. My eyes widened at the realization that she just read my mind while she was asleep.

"Your adorable." I lightly said on the side of her bed and gently caressed her face. I hovered my hand from her forehead to her jawline, memorizing every single detail.

I sighed and kissed her forehead lightly. Afraid to wake her up and seeing me this close to her. But my worst fear just had to be done.

She opened her eyes which were still half lidded. Her nose scrunched up and she looked at me as if inspecting me.

"What are you doing?" She asked with her raspy voice which I found extremely hot. She was being irresistible to not kiss. But I pushed my hopeful thoughts of that actually happening.

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you." I said, getting off the bed but I was surprised when a hand grasped my wrist making me stop. I turned around to see Jennie pouting and her eyes were almost pleading me to stay.

"S-stay for awhile." She said more like demanded me but I agreed anyways. I mean, who wouldn't?

I sat down beside her again but she groaned. I looked at her questioningly and she answered me by patting the empty side of the bed beside her. I am shocked by the thought of her actually wanting me to be with her.

Must be because she's still half-asleep. Better make this opportunity worth it anyways.

"Are you sure?" I needed confirmation that she won't hit me once she's fully awake.

"Yes, Chichi." I bit my inner cheek to stop myself from smiling at the adorable nickname she just gave me.

I didn't waste anymore time and went to the other side of the bed and laid down beside her. Maybe due to her instincts, she turned her body around and hugged me. Well, she spooned me to be in fact. I'm supposed to be the bigger spoon but oh well.

"Go nearer... your making this hard for me." She whined and I couldn't help but express a smile. I immediately went closer to her and hugged her back.

Yup, definitely because she's half-asleep that she's like this.

"Better..." She breathes out. And for another two minutes, her little snores were the only sound heard in the entire room. I turned around to face her because my back was facing her.

She's really peaceful when she sleeps. Looks like an angel and a baby at the same time. I couldn't stop myself from planting a peck on her soft and plump lips. I hope she didn't feel it. Morning breath or not, I miss her lips. I saw a small smile lingering on her lips.

Gosh, so cute. I swear, I might be the first person on earth to die with too much cuteness.

Feeling her hold on me was getting weaker, I took the chance to be the one spooning her. I gently levitated her on top of me so that she'll be more comfortable. Don't think of anymore unnecessary reasons. I know you are.

I couldn't believe how our bodies just molded so normally. I smiled at the thought that we were truly meant to be. Her head was laying on my chest. And I snaked my arms around her waist and held her in place. My head comfortably laid on top of her head. She tangles our legs together which I didn't mind at all and never would. She suddenly held my shirt tightly making me flinch in horror.

Is she awake? Like literally?

"Don't leave..." She murmured, still asleep. "Don't leave..." This time it was more like a plea.

"I'm not." I whispered back and after that, she just slept again. I heaved a sigh of relief. I thought I'd die because of the fast pace of my heartbeat.

Not knowing what came over me, I inhaled her scent for the longest time and nuzzled my nose in her hair. She groaned which made me stop moving. She dug her face deeper into my neck sending electricity all over my body. The butterflies in my stomach just had to join in.

I haven't experienced this with her before so of course I'll be blushing madly like I am right now. Her hot breath tickling the skin of my neck was making me think that this was a bad idea. Jennie will kill me without her even knowing.

She's torturing me. No, I'm torturing myself.

I was debating over the thought of letting her just lay down again on her bed or suffer here. Of course, I chose the latter of suffering here. Just seeing her sleeping peacefully would be enough to make me choose sane choices.

Her still breathing, her peaceful face, and everything about her is enough to make me go sane.

I felt that my sleepiness was kicking in due to Jennie's warm body temperature and the stillness of almost everything. My eyes got heavier by the second but I kept the composure of staying awake.

Maybe if I'd close my eyes, I'd wake up in my bed and realize that this was all a dream. And I don't want this to be a dream even though I know that this is too good to be true.

"Sleep, dummy." She mumbled at the crook of my neck. I panicked.

She's definitely awake and I'm gonna die.

"No, your not. I'm honestly enjoying this too, so sleep before I think twice of hitting you." She threatened and I didn't waste any second to close my eyes shut. I heard her chuckle which of course tickled my neck.

"See you in dreamland." She says and I smiled.

"You too." I almost drifted to sleep but I'm glad that I didn't completely or else I could've missed her next words.

"I hate you but at the same time..."

I love you.

...

• Just some fluff chapter. •