Chapter 4

Jennie's POV

I woke up rather feeling great than depressed.

I shook my head and headed to the bathroom to get ready

...

A few minutes later...

"Finally..." I groaned as I stretched my refreshed body.

I wore my office attire and immediately went to the company without breakfast.

I'll just get some coffee on the way there.

Once I reached the cafe near my company, the employees greeted me with bright and knowing smiles.

I greeted them with a small nod.

I've been a regular customer here since Jisoo well, died.

This place has been one of my relaxation spots.

They have a private room for me which I made them build and has a balcony in it. And that is where I relax.

They gave me my regular milk coffee and I paid them double and left.

I reached the company and I quickly parked my car on my personal garage.

I went inside the building and got greeted by the employees immediately.

I normally just pass by and ignore but now I was feeling cheerful so I greeted them with a small nod.

They're reactions says everything.

They were surprised that their cold boss actually noticed them.

I entered my private elevator and proceeded to my office.

Usually, Chahee would greet me with a sweet smile but then again, I fired her.

I passed by the empty office table of hers and went inside my office.

I sat down and arranged my messy table with a small smile.

I didn't even notice that I was humming and swaying on my seat.

"Isn't someone happy." Someone suddenly say, startling me.

I looked up and was about to scold this person when I was surprised to see Irene crossing her arms and leaning on the doorframe of my office with an amused grin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a 'not-so-cold' tone.

"Can't I visit my lovely ex/very good friend who is named Jennie Kim?" She answers with a chuckle.

"Um... yes, you could but who told you to enter her office without permission, may I ask?" I asked with a cocked brow and a bored look.

"Her guardian did." She answers confidently like it was the most amazing answer she has ever said in her life.

"Her guardian, eh?" I mentally cursed Chu and plastered an annoyed smile to Irene.

...

Meanwhile...

"Achoo!"

"Someone must be cursing on me behind my back." Chu rubbed her nose and continued doing the groceries.

...

Back to Jennie...

"So what do you exactly want?" I crossed my arms and tapped my shoe on the carpeted floor.

"Right, I want to recommend you a new secretary. I heard you fired your last one." She says with anticipation.

"And who might that be?" I asked in interest while looking at my papers.