Chapter 26

Jennie's POV

"You knew?" K asked in surprise, or should I say, Jisoo asked in surprise. I can't say that I already knew that it was her so I acted as if I did know.

I truly admit that I want to hug her and kiss her but I also feel that it's wrong. I feel like I shouldn't do it even if my conscience is convincing me to just do it.

"You could say that." I shrugged. Her eyes didn't lessen the clue of her being shocked of what's happening.

"H-how?"

"You ask too many questions, Jisoo. I'll leave now." I waved goodbye and turned around. Proceeding to my car with grief in my heart.

I feel like I've been killed inside and out. Seeing her was a dream to me and a miracle. I'm living a nightmare and she came to me as if everything is alright. But all I did was leave her like what she did to me.

I don't blame her though. It was all because of me too that she left. I heaved a deep sigh and drove off, not to my house but somewhere much more... crowded.

...

K's/Jisoo's POV

"So you told her?" Soojoo asked in amusement. "What happened?" Putting on an anticipating face, she waited for my words.

"She already knew." I swiveled the wine in my hand and laughed.

I laughed not because I'm happy that she already knew it was me the whole time but a laugh of pain and brokenness. I shouldn't be feeling this because I'm the one who hurt her. I already let out the biggest secret that I was burying inside of me to her. Not really the deepest because Soojoo already knew.

I feel rejected somehow that I can't explain this excruciating pain in my heart. Maybe because I keep thinking that she doesn't love me anymore.

Aish! I shouldn't keep myself busy thinking about this issue.

"Yah, Kim Jisoo!" Soojoo shouted right into my ear. Of course, I hit her.

"What?! Gosh... do you plan to deafen me?" I rubbed my left ear while she rubbed her cheek.

"The Elders." As soon as she said that, my attention immediately focused on what she was gonna say next. "They need you."

"Obviously. But why even call them 'Elders' when I still have the power to outrank them?" I arrogantly smirked which made Soojoo laugh.

"Psh. Thanks to them you got the chance to live again." She retorts.

"I guess. But they're just spirits."

And as I said that, a strange feeling came to me. It sent shivers down my spine.

"They're here..." Soojoo singsonged while snickering.

"Lucky for you. You can understand them." I pouted.

"Just do your job. Here." She handed me the paper that consists of my mission.

"What the-. It's located in another bar." I looked at her unsurely and she shrugs.

"That's what they told me." She shrugged once again. I heaved a sigh.

"You coming?" I asked and took one last shot of vodka before wearing my coat.

"Nah." She waved me off and I nodded. "I don't want to steal you spotlight, Reaper."

"Please don't call me that. I seriously cringe." I shuddered at the mention of my alibi. A name from 'The Elders' to scare people like those drunk dudes from before.

I'm dead and I still hunt people so that explains the whole meaning of the name.

"Just go already!"

"See ya then."

...

Chaeyoung's POV

"Unnie, that's enough." I took the glass of Mojito from Jennie's hand and put it down on the table.

She didn't resist this time like awhile ago. Man, that was a chaotic experience.

"I really hate her." Jennie voices out which made me and Lisa sigh. She's been saying that since we got here. We were glad that she was still sober when she called us.

"Who are you talking about, Unnie? We can't understand what your saying." Lisa frustratedly shakes Jennie. Jennie didn't stop her. Maybe too tired.

"Let's get out of here first, babe. We can't let people see her like this especially because she has an meeting tomorrow." I helped Lisa make Jennie stand up from her seat and assisted her towards the exit.

I suppose Jennie's asleep because her weight just got heavier. We were about to exit the bar when a group of men stopped us from doing so.

"You can't leave yet, ladies." A bulky one says.

"Um... why? We have the freedom to get outta here." Lisa grits her teeth in irritation.

"Maybe you two can leave but not the sleeping one." He says while pointing to Jennie Unnie.

"And why so, gentlemen?" A voice from behind them asked in a cold manner.

They turned their heads around to be met by gunshots from the person. Everyone in the bar either screamed or let their own guns out. I didn't really see the person clearly but all I know is that it's a woman.

"Let's go there." Lisa pointed to a corner and I nodded. With our stored up strength, we carried Jennie Unnie there. And we hid too.

"I really hate dirty work." She says before a thick fog surrounded the area. All I could see was either a spark or a trail of moving red glow.

Suddenly, everything stopped moving. Finally, she's here.

"Sorry, I'm late." Chu walked towards us with a smile.

Was she the woman? But her eyes... welp, she is a demon.

"No worries." We helped her carry Jennie onto her back. I didn't mind the thought from my mind.

"What happened here?" She asks while looking around the foggy place.

"No idea but there's this woman who saved us, I guess, from those idiots." I pointed to the men wearing black. But what confused me was the woman wasn't here anymore.

"Actually, she's still here. Am I right?!" Chu shouted out loud and we heard rustling right after partnered with clapping.

"You found me. Good job." A woman's figure slowly showed from the fog but stopped midway. It was K's voice.

So the red lights were from her. Actually, from her eyes. Her eyes glows. Awesome.

"Aren't you gonna take responsibility for her?" Chu asks K, who still wasn't moving from her place.

"Actually yes. But I might scare those two out. You know how they are." K says which made me and Lisa scoff in disbelief.

"Yah!" We both exclaimed in unison.

"Then do it. Geez... when have you ever been considerate, Kim?"

"Good question coming from you."

"My gosh! Just please show yourself already!" I complained and their conversation stopped.

"Fine. Better not freak out." K finally moves from her place in a slow pace. I admit, I'm intrigued.

Once her unmasked face showed, me and Lisa immediately hugged her and cried.

"Unnie!!"

"Hi..."

"Welcome back, Jisoo Unnie!"

"It's good to be back."

...