Chapter 20

Jennie's POV

"Why isn't she back yet?" I asked in a normal bored tone but, I guess, Soojoo noticed that it wasn't just boredom in my tone.

"Like she said earlier, Kim. She'll be as fine as ever when she gets back. Maybe even right now she'll-"

Soojoo got her words cut off when someone barged in the room window while glasses from the impact came flying our way.

Luckily, Soojoo swiftly blocked all of them with a katana that appeared out of nowhere.

"If you wanna make a grand entrance, K. Please use the door next time." Soojoo said as she whipped off the shattered pieces of glass on her long sword.

K just laughed it off earning a glare from the other girl.

"Sorry 'bout that, SJ. But can you..." K trails off as a helicopter full of men with huge guns in hand were ready to bring us to hell. "... finish this up?"

"God... what a troublemaker you are." Soojoo lets out a sigh but chuckled afterwards.

"That I am." K clicked her tongue with a wink.

Soojoo rolled her eyes and charged at the incoming helicopter like it was completely normal to do that.

And before I could finish the show, loads of blasts and blood came our way.

I closed my eyes, ready for impact. I was expecting some blood or body on me but when I opened my eyes... I saw nothing but felt something. Something really warm.

Something or someone was comfortably hugging me while swaying at the process.

"You alright, Jen?" She asks in worry as I wasn't moving nor talking. I was merely sleeping in her embrace.

I don't know what got into me but I was already hugging her when I fluttered my eyes open again. She flinched at first and I pulled my arms away but she grasped my arms and let me hug her.

"Don't. I don't wanna lose you." She says it in a soft, gentle, and sweet tone. But I felt like she wanted to say more but held back.

After being silent for a few seconds, a fake cough interrupted us.

"This is lovely and all. I mean, I really love the show but we gotta clean up." Soojoo, who had blood all over her but not only her also K and the entire room.

The room almost looked like it was passed by a hurricane. Man, and all those bodies were almost alike with the WWII soldiers.

"Right... at least you weren't dirtied up, Kim." She caressed my face with her un-dirty hand and wiped the stray blood that was on my face away.

"The way I'm seeing all this..." I gestured to the damaged surroundings except the bed. "It need serious repairs. So I'll just call Chu. She'll handle this." I trued reaching for my phone but then remembered that my back was broken. I screamed in pain and the two came rushing to me with worried looks.

I waved them off but they knew better than to ignore my state.

K let me lay down my bed again and I kept on wondering why I didn't feel this pain awhile ago.

"Stop moving so much, Kim. Here." She hands me my phone and I sheepishly smiled at her.

I dialed Chu's number and a few moments later, she answered. I was expecting a greeting but what greeted me was a loud groan from the latter.

"Don't tell me I have to fix your room again because I swear I'll-"

"Exactly. Thanks Chu." I interrupted her then ended the call in swift seconds.

"Um... are you completely sure that you'll still be fine after you did that?" Soojoo asked in a worried and amused tone.

"Yeah. Don't worry." I shrugged it off but at the back of my mind... I picture myself being scolded, no, being beaten up by Chu's demonic side. Like the real one kind.

"Because from what I've seen from her records, she's short-tempered." K added.

I looked at them in fake disbelief.

"What?" They asked in unison.

I just stayed silent and I could tell from their looks that they were nervous and confused as hell.

I-I can't believe it... How could..?

K came close to me with a worried expression on her face.

"J-Jennie..?"

"CHU HAS RECORDS?!"

They were thrown aback at my loud remark based on their expressions.

"Um... y-yes." Soojoo spoke for them while K was still recovering from the sudden and really confusing outburst.

"I can't believe her." I groaned out as I massaged my temple.

"Why can't you believe me, Jennie?" A voice that seemed to come out of nowhere said after gasping in disbelief.

"Geez... what took you so long to get here?" I turned around to be met by my grinning guardian's hazel eyes.

"Your the one that called me while I was in the middle of..." Chu trailed off as she was smirking mischievously earning a simple glare from me. She laughed at my reaction and grinned at me before saying, "... something."

"Well, better hurry up cleaning all this then go back to your 'something'." I said with strong emphasis.

Chu chuckled then nodded her head before saying, "No problem, cutie."

My eyes widened at her statement and even she was affected. She immediately covered her mouth and stared at me.

"That wasn't me."

I know.

I heaved a sigh and smiled lightly.

I'll talk to her later. If I can.

"Please do. I just embarrassed myself. How dare she take over my body."

"Are you two alright?" K asked in worry and something was in her voice that almost sounded like she was amused.

"Yes." We both answered in unison.

"Why don't you three go and eat?" Chu suggested with a tight-lip smile and we nodded.

K helped me sit on the wheel chair more like carrying me but somehow I didn't mind.

Before we could leave Chu added, "And also, make Jennie go for a stroll, Agent K."

When have you been so formal?

"Shut up, Jennie."

"Sure, Ms..." K trailed off while gesturing Chu to speak her name.

"Dara." Chu said and K nodded in confirmation.

I never saw you tell your actual name to people before, Chu.

"I said shut up."

"We'll be off." Soojoo waved at Chu and she did too.

...