Chapter 39

Jennie's POV

*cough* *cough*

I took a deep breath and exhaled again and again to regain my composure and breath.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked myself seeing fire all around the resto and a large hole on the floor. It was like an asteroid passed this place.

The glowing red and blue lights were enough to tell me that the police were here. The ambulance sirens weren't exactly something for me to miss. A lot of people were now outside injured or not and they were being asked by some reporters.

"Jennie!" I turned around to face the person who called me. Chu reached for my hand and I accepted it. She helped me up and dusted me.

"Where's the maknaes?" I asked worry evident in my voice and she smiled reassuringly.

"Don't worry. They're in the van fast asleep."

"What about Jisoo?" I scanned the place and she wasn't there.

"She's... chasing the one who exploded the place. He got away pretty fast and with the help of Soojoo, I guess they captured him already."

"What? Soojoo was here?"

"Yeah,also Irene and Seulgs. They were the ones who paid the meal for us. Speaking of Irene and Seulgi, there they are."

Chu pointed to a direction and I followed her finger. Two stunning women were now walking towards us like they were walking in a red carpet or something. They were waving at us with big smiles on their faces.

I'm confused on why they can still act like this with a situation we're in now.

"Hey Jen!" Irene greeted when they finally reached us. I nodded for a greeting.

"They're not back yet?" Seulgi asked. More likely to Chu because I don't know what I'll answer if it was me she's asking.

"Nope." Chu answered with a head shake. "But I'm still wondering why the explosion was so random." She tapped her chin and her forehead creased telling me that she was in deep thought.

"I know right. I'm actually glad Soojoo was with us. She told us to duck just before the explosion happened." Irene joined in the conversation.

"So she noticed it and I didn't. I actually thought Jisoo was the one who caused this." Chu finally spoke after her long brooding.

"Why would you think that?" I asked. Sure, Jisoo's dangerous but why would she anyways?

"Because she felt that you were hurt." Chu simply answered and three of us looked at her confused. "What I mean is that she marked you. Like she can feel what you feel. Only physically though." She mumbled the last part but I still couldn't believe the fact that she marked me. I'm very sure that, that bothersome dream was only... a dream.

"What?! She marked me? I don't remember her giving me a hickey-."

"Who said it was supposed to be a hickey?" Chu now had a teasing and very annoying smirk on her face. Same with the two. "Aha... what fantasies have you been fantasizing about, Ms. Jennie Kim?" She leaned closer to me and I immediately pushed her face away.

"None of what you think, dumbasses." I huffed and made my way out of the damaged grill house. They followed me right after they laughed their asses out.

Just as I was about to enter the van, a knife came flying my way and landed to the metal structure of the van.

"Oh my..."

"Jennie, watch out!" Just hearing the voice of the person was enough for me to follow the command.

And her guess correct, Jisoo was now in front of me catching her breath while examining me with worry in her eyes.

"That bastard..." I heard her curse under her breath before looking at me with a smile plastered on her face. "Your not hurt?"

"No." I lied. The bruise in my arm awhile ago still hurts.

"Wait here for a sec, ok? I'm just gonna kill that shithead for almost hurting you. Stay with Dara." She pat my head and gave my forehead a quick kiss then left to capture the culprit.

"Dang... just how smart is that man. The Soo twin are already after him and yet he still escapes." Chu commented then faced me before opening the van door. "Get in. It's safer inside."

I got in and looked at the maknaes that were cuddling right that moment. I smiled then took a blanket out of their suitcase which I teleported here inside and covered them with it.

I sat down and relaxed my body although trying to not worry for Jisoo's and Soojoo's well being was a but hard. They've been chasing that man for about an hour now. I shook the thought away and hoped that they'll be okay.

"They're strong. What's the worst that could happen?"

Just as I said that, another explosion occurred. I swiftly made a small force field around the maknaes so that they won't wake up. I got off my seat and got out of the van.

Irene, Seulgi and Chu were now running towards Soojoo that was bleeding badly. But...

Where's Jisoo?

"Stop this right now, Sir! Before you hurt anymore innocent individuals." I heard Jisoo's voice and I immediately ran to her direction. I spotted her a second later and didn't care about Chu's complains from behind me.

"Why should I?! You killed my father. You think I won't kill all these people even if you try to stop me? Well, your wrong, Ms. Reaper." I saw Jisoo cringe at the name but she didn't let that be noticed but was now cocking a gun behind her.

"I'm sorry I killed Rickus, kid. But I won't allow you to hurt these innocent individuals." Jisoo swiftly raised her gun and shot the man in his shoulder.

He yelled in agony and slumped to the ground, holding his shoulder. A lot of people witnessed and gasped. And having reporters here wasn't gonna help but gain more attention from people who are now watching.

I changed my destination not to Jisoo but to the people witnessing this drama.

"Stop filming or I'll burn the station your working at." I glared to the cameramen and they immediately stopped filming. "Give me the memory card." I let my hand out and they didn't hesitate to give it to me. I smiled at them and then made my way to the civilians.

I climbed to the hood of a car and shouted, "If you people even think about telling others about what happened here today, I'll make sure to make your lives a living hell! So don't even think about it because I have eyes everywhere!" I then got down and made my way to the injured Jisoo, maybe because of the explosion, leaving them stunned and afraid.

Once I reached her place, she cupped my face and hugged me tight.

"Protecting my image, huh?"

"No. I simply do not want my face to be out in the web again."

"Yeah right. But anyways, thanks." I only hummed in response.

"Ok, you two. Let's get going now. Or we'll be late for lunch." Chu knocked our heads and we parted with pouts on our faces.

"Wait, what about the other three?" I asked seeing Soojoo still bleeding and Irene and Seulgi entering their car.

"Oh! They'll follow us if that's alright. I'll heal Soojoo later. Can they?" Jisoo raised her hand like a kid and I sighed in defeat. How could I reject her? She's freaking adorable.

"Sure. But clean yourself up first. I'm sleeping." I then entered the van again.

I flopped my self to one of the seats in the back and entered dreamland in about a few more moments.

What a crazy day.

...