Chapter 19

Jennie's POV

Oh, hell no! Holy crap! What do I do?!

I just stood there stunned as my doctor was nearing me in what seemed like slow motion.

But before I knew it, K was already in front of me with dagger in hand.

"Stay back, Jennie. This'll get dirty." And as she said that, I already knew she was serious.

I went to the other side of my hospital bed and crouched down.

Slashes, curses, and splashes were heard. I have no idea about the splashing part but I'm pretty sure it's blood.

A few moments later, the sounds stopped and all I could hear was a thud and panting.

I peeked to see what the hell was going on but I couldn't bear what I was seeing.

"You could go out now, Jennie." K says with shallow breaths.

And that's when I noticed that she had a large wound on her side. Like really large.

I have no idea how the hell she survived but I instinctively went to her and hugged her.

She flinched but hugged anyways. And this time, I didn't even care what the hell my body will do.

"Are you alright now?" K asked as she pulled away from the hug much to my dismay and worriedly travelled her bloody hands all over me.

"I-I'm fine, Kim. Your the one who needs to be treated." I unconsciously caressed her masked face. She held my hand and gently caressed it too.

"I'll bandage it later. Geez... your doctor was quite a fighter." She laughs it off and I intently stared at her. "Wh-what?"

"It's not really normal to say. Y'know that right?" I crossed my arms, still staring at her intently.

"Well, it isn't." She shrugs.

I didn't know why but every time I'm with her, I feel more relieved and somehow happy.

"I gotta clean this mess." She pointed to the lifeless body of Dr. Dále and the room.

"Don't worry 'bout it. I'll just let Chu do the dirty work." I waved my hand and she laughs.

"So, you don't call what I just did dirty?"

"I've experienced something dirtier than this." I didn't mean to say it like this but that came out of my mouth in a sensual kinda way.

I couldn't tell from her expression if she was shocked or confused but I could clearly see the blush on her cheeks.

I cleared my throat and went towards my bed that was bloody as well and sat on the un-dirty side.

"Y-you should go to the doctor. Or your wound would get infected." I said softly and she stiffly nods.

Without any words, she left.

I heaved a sigh and facepalmed myself.

How. Could. I. Be. Such. An. Idiot!!!

...

"K-yah!"Soojoo, who just arrived, came panting with a paper in hand.

"What?" K answered with a bored or sarcastic tone as she kept on feeding me.

"What a greeting, Ms. Kim." Soojoo retorts just as sarcastic.

"Just tell me what the hell is the problem..."

"The Elders have a specific mission for you, K."

"The Elders?" I asked as they stared at each other.

"That's not something you have to know, Kim." This time, it was K's turn to answer.

K then stood up and placed my bowl of soup at the table bedside me. She then faced Soojoo with an unreadable expression.

"I'll be back in a jiffy. Don't worry, I'll be fine." She said before leaving the room without any more words.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't say that to me." Soojoo intended to say those words aloud for me to hear which somehow made me blush.

"Um... yeah..." I said before I tried reaching out for the bowl of food near me.

"Let me." Soojoo grabbed the bowl and fed me a spoonful of the warm soup.

"Thanks." I said after I gulped down the delicious soup.

"Anytime, Ms. Kim."

"Can we please just stop with the formalities? Sure, K calls me Kim but at least not you too." I somehow begged with aegyo.

"I can't say no to that." She pointed to me and I bit my lower lip to suppress a victory smile.

"Anyways, if K can't tell me who the hell 'The Elders' are... can you?" I gave her a look that indicates that I'm hella serious right now.

And, of course, she avoided my gaze and chuckled nervously.

"I-I can't do that, Jennie." She rubs the back of her neck and I could only sigh.

What was so secretive about these people?

"K'll explain it to you. Don't put your head in it that much."

(That didn't sound right. 😂🤫)

That's what she said too.

I then nodded and slumped back on my bed to sleep.

...