Chapter 23

Jennie's POV

"What the hell is this place?"

The sight before me is incredibly... shitty.

"We're in a forest, Jennie. Didn't you know that?" K gestures to the surrounding forest. I facepalmed and groaned in irritation.

"Of course I know! I'm not dumb unlike you!" I pointed to her and she gasps in disbelief.

"What?! Can you please explain why you said I'm dumb?!"

"Why would you take someone on a forest for a date, K?! I'm wearing heels and your not!" I raked up my hair out of frustration.

Why did I even get ready for this stupid... whatever this is? I could've just wore some jeans and crop top but my conscience just had to tell me to wear a dress. Just great!

And I saw her mask tug. Great, she's smirking. "What?"

"You said this was a date."

"And so?"

"Last time I remember, you said that this is just some stupid hangout." She folds her arms and gave me a look that annoyed me to the core.

"Stop looking at me like that, you moron."

"Do you want me to carry you? This'll be a long walk."

"No thanks."

"Why not?"

"Because I don't want to. Do you want me to explain again?" I faked a smile at her and she just laughed.

"Let's just stop talking and continue on walking, yeah?" She grabs my hand gently and continues to walk towards the unknown destination.

...

A few minutes later...

"Are we there yet?"

"No."

"..."

"..."

"Are we there yet?"

"No, Jennie."

"When are we gonna get there?"

"I don't know."

"Are we lost?"

"No. We're not."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Then why is it taking so long?"

"Just because."

"..."

"..."

"K..."

"What?"

"How many more steps?"

"Why are you so whiny? Your like a baby."

"I'm not!"

"Yes, you are."

"Back to my question!"

"Why are you asking me about how many more steps? I didn't count. Did you?"

"Yes. It's 136 steps from now."

"Wow. You actually counted."

"Of course! Can we please stop to take a rest?"

After I asked that, she suddenly stops making me bump onto her. I almost lost my balance but gladly she caught my wrist and pulled me into a secured hug.