Chapter 44

• The Epilogue is next of this chapter.😢•

Jennie's POV

"How are you doing up here?" I asked as I climbed the hill on which Jisoo was sitting on the trunk of the tree, looking like an angel under the moonlight.

She climbed up here a couple of minutes ago and I didn't follow her yet because I thought she was thinking her mind off. So I left her to it.

"Good but better that your here." She says with eyes still closed. I shook my head with an amused scoff then sat beside her. She pulled me closer by the shoulder and let my head rest on her shoulder.

I'm now convinced that she really likes it when people lay their heads on her shoulder or is it just me?

"They really look like their having so much fun." She pointed her forefinger to the people below the hill. Partying and laughing like there's no tomorrow.

My parents are really great at preparing feasts like these. They've never ceased to amaze me on how they know exactly what we all wanted to eat. And the music that was blasting gave the celebration more fun than it already is with games and such. Everyone seems comfortable around each other now much to me and Jisoo's relief.

I'm also glad that my parents are having their own fun which is not what you think it is, you dirty-minded people. They're certainly contented with me being an only child, thank you very much.

"They are. And it's all thanks to your idea of visiting my parents here." I looked at her side profile and I caught her sneakily glancing at me on which made me giggle. She really has a side that can either just make you pinch her cheeks or kiss her directly. And I just did the latter. "It wouldn't have been like this if it wasn't for you."

"And I wouldn't have had you if it weren't for this too. So it's a win-win situation for us." She pecked my lips and beamed at me with her wholesome smile.

"True enough." I shrugged earning a slight squeeze at the shoulder from my lover. I just called her that and dang did I love it.

The moment of silence between us two was more than comfortable and it didn't matter if it was actually awkward as long as I'm with the person I love.

"The person I love, huh?" She teased and that mischievous grin on her face was rewarded by an elbow attack on her stomach. And I don't feel sorry for her at all. The groan and pout that came right after it... no! I don't feel guilty of hurting her at all. Yes.

"Shut up and stop reading my mind." I crossed my arms and pouted. I've been really insecure of my thoughts these days. She's been reading it like crazy.

"What can I say? Your mind is like an open book to me and Chu."

"Then teach me how to close it." I begged whilst trying my best to look adorable. Although, I don't have to try because just one gummy smile from me... she'll be falling for it.

"Fine..." She sighed in defeat and pinched my cheeks gently before messing my hair up. I swatted her hand away and grinned when I saw her pout.

"Now how?" I became serious and she did too. But seconds later, she was smiling at me.

"You really don't have to do anything that hard. You just have to think of one thing or person. Focus your attention to that thought, and a couple of seconds later your mind would be closed." She explained with such ease on saying it. I gave her an 'Ah...' right after she explained it.

"That's it?" I clarified. I can't bare to be tricked by her. That'll prove that she's worth being the top and I'm not.

"That's it. Don't you trust me?"

"No. I trust you with all my heart." I answered then kissed her cheek. Lingering there for a second or two.

"That's good to hear then."

We remained silent again, just enjoying each other's company at its finest. Never have I imagined that she'd be alive and be with me ever again. But I guess god heard my wish and made it real.

Now, here she is. The love of my life who I actually thought I would never see again, sitting beside me and us acting like a real couple again.

Even if I ignored her or did things that are sort of unforgivable, she didn't give up on me and instead strived harder to have me. And look where it led both of us. That's one of those traits that I really love about her.

"I love you." I said to her with a soft smile. I guess she didn't expect that because her body stiffened and her cheeks were becoming redder and redder by the second. She's so cute right now, I wanna take a pic of this but I can't. I left my phone at the table below.

"I love you too." She said after she recovered and kissed my lips passionately which I returned almost immediately.

We were so caught up at the moment, that I didn't even notice that the wind was getting colder and colder. But I'm relieved that Jisoo's body temperature below her hoodie makes me warm and I hope I give her the same warmth she's giving me.

"Are you cold?" She asked when our lips parted. Our foreheads were still touching and our breaths were still.

"Kinda." I rubbed my hands on my arms that were covered by my white hoodie. She chuckled and took her hoodie of revealing her in her bikini again. "What are you doing?"

"Giving you more warmth. Don't worry, I have a heater inside of me. I'm very much hot inside." She made me wear the hoodie which I accepted with hesitance. Now, I look like a baby wrapped in a blanket by how thick the hoodie was.

"And out."

"True."

We laughed and then it died out seconds later.

"Jennie."

"Hm..?" I hummed as a response.

"Thank you." She pecked my lips then my forehead. She stayed there for awhile before parting from my skin with a gentle smile on her face.

"For what?"

"Not losing your Last Hope on me."

I was left dumbfounded by what she said but I smiled right after then kissed her swiftly. She whined then pointed to her lips again as if asking for another one. I rolled my eyes but gave her what she wanted anyways.

"Your welcome, you dork."

THE END

...